eBay stopping shipping from Russia to USA

Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 5, 2022 3:40PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Check this went to look at a listing and no Russia shipping to USA

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Comments

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

They probably are stopping shipments going to there as well.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yah. I didn’t express it very well but seems to be tightening.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a coin ship from there on 2/25, I’ve all but given up hope of ever actually receiving it. Not an expensive item and given the context I feel a little silly even mentioning it.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

USPS has not yet blocked shipments to Russia.

There are restrictions on what you can ship:

https://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ps_013.htm
    https://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ps_013.htm

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DNADave said:
    Good. Now let’s add China

why, do tell.................

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    0ronron0ronron Posts: 248 ✭✭✭

I bought a coin from Russia on Feb. 27 and it showing in NY as of right now through USPS.

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for first loving us.

• Options
    MrScienceMrScience Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

That'll teach Vlad! \sarc

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2022 6:51PM

Thought Russian Customs was already pretty effective at that. Took the better part of a year for a coin to arrive from Russia (and it was a counterfeit).

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

fwiw, all my russian listings are ended.

made a donation to the ukraine cause evening of last.

now i just need $1m free cash to make donations for any of the other 10,000 disasters and catasrophes happening around the globe. :/

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you look at the fine print - sellers cannot even ship to the Russian Federation. I doubt eBay will refund the listing fees to Russian sellers after effectively blocking them from selling or shipping - but keeping the listing active.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:

@DNADave said:

why, do tell.................

Things such as Uyghurs in concentration camps, clamping down on civil rights in Hong Kong, threatening Taiwan . . . .

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DNADave said:

The problem with that is the supply of Trade Dollars and Morgan dollars will dry up. :o

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

They’re going to get pissed and pull a Romanov.

• Options
    Panda4456Panda4456 Posts: 362 ✭✭✭

Good, no more fakes coming from there lol

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG...my counterfeit rare coin supply has been cut off!!!!

Along with my plutonium!

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

well, despite how much we apparently are helping the ukraine, directly or indirectly, we still have sanctions against them as my ebay listings to that region were removed instantly. looked up the recent sanctioned/embargoed list again:
    What is the policy

Sellers can’t list embargoed goods or pre embargoed goods from these countries or regions
    Cuba
    Crimea region of Ukraine as defined under applicable sanctions
    Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea)
    Iran
    Syria
    Organizations, businesses, or individuals based in or from the countries listed above, or those on the United States’ Specially Designated Nationals SDNs list can’t register accounts on eBay

perhaps we have one of those love-hate relationships? ya, i do know despite the atrocities going on over there now, that part of the world has a rep for some nasty things taking place.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    well, despite how much we apparently are helping the ukraine, directly or indirectly, we still have sanctions against them as my ebay listings to that region were removed instantly. looked up the recent sanctioned/embargoed list again:
    What is the policy

Sellers can’t list embargoed goods or pre embargoed goods from these countries or regions
    Cuba
    Crimea region of Ukraine as defined under applicable sanctions
    Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea)
    Iran
    Syria
    Organizations, businesses, or individuals based in or from the countries listed above, or those on the United States’ Specially Designated Nationals SDNs list can’t register accounts on eBay

perhaps we have one of those love-hate relationships? ya, i do know despite the atrocities going on over there now, that part of the world has a rep for some nasty things taking place.

Crimea has been under Russian control since 2014. In effect, Russia is being sanctioned there, not Ukraine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file