Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Are there multiple bottle necks in the grading service or just a slow start?

couple questions here.
I have a submission that is now in the grading stage, is there a bottle neck still yet to come or will things be moving along at a reasonable pace?
Also. At what point does PSA actually collect payment for there services?

ARRIVED
ORDER PREP
RESEARCH & ID
GRADING
ASSEMBLY
QA CHECK 1
QA CHECK 2
SHIPPING

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens" Jimi Hendrix.
instagram dgilbert008

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭

Grading is the bottleneck, so you are basically dead in the water till it hits Assembly/QA1 ... Sometime at QA2 they charge you.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bottlenecks are going to occur at various times in the process depending on where the majority of the cards are and each areas ability to process them.

One department may work overtime to get the cards out and then the next area might become "swamped". Happens in businesses all the time.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    McvillagehtxMcvillagehtx Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

I have an order that went to Assembly in the first week of February that has not made it to QA1 yet.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had a couple of orders in QA2 since last week. I can't recall a time I've ever had orders in QA2 for more than a day... two at most.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    DgilbertDgilbert Posts: 127 ✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    I've had a couple of orders in QA2 since last week. I can't recall a time I've ever had orders in QA2 for more than a day... two at most.

thanks for the info. My first submission just went to Assembly today. I'm pretty excited to have them returned soon.

instagram dgilbert008

• Options

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

Maybe replacing a defective case/holder..

instagram dgilbert008

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dgilbert said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

Odds would be slim for the same issue on two separate orders. I'm hearing there may be a logjam due to the imaging in QA2 but no real confirmation of that. One of mine is a regular order with 2 Brady rookies and a 53 Topps Jackie Robinson and the other is a pack order with 6 wax packs.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@Dgilbert said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

Odds would be slim for the same issue on two separate orders. I'm hearing there may be a logjam due to the imaging in QA2 but no real confirmation of that. One of mine is a regular order with 2 Brady rookies and a 53 Topps Jackie Robinson and the other is a pack order with 6 wax packs.

Well my submission just went to QA2 today, I'll see how long it is there for and post when its cleared for shipping

instagram dgilbert008

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3, 2022 7:25AM

@Dgilbert said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

thanks for the info. My first submission just went to Assembly today. I'm pretty excited to have them returned soon.

Certain stages in the process are slow. QA2 is usually pretty quick. But for example, I have a 2-card order that has been at the Assembly stage for 6 months now with no movement. (took approx 5 months from log stage 'til assembly stage, and then another 6mo in assembly so far)