Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Fakes - DeReplicationStation -Etsy

NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw this on another forum…. Obvious fakes to the trained eye, but for those who are less familiar. Fake PSA slabs and labels being produced by this seller. Replica is stated in the title, but still looks shady. Etsy and PSA have already been notified.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DeReplicationStation?ref=sim_items_shophome

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Crazy.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2022 9:57AM

@Bosox1976 said:
    Wow. Crazy.

From his feedback it looks like he will custom print any PSA label you want. Not that the fakes are very good, but still. Cert numbers match when pulled up. Hopefully he is pulled down very soon.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't PSA go after this guy for trademark counterfeiting?

• Options
    johfrjohfr Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

This guy had stuff up on Ebay a few weeks ago. Looks like Ebay removed it all. Hopefully PSA goes after him with everything they've got.

• Options

There have been several threads recently talking about the monetary future of our hobby, but this in my opinion is the number one threat. If people don’t know what they have or what they’re buying is real; it does not bode well for any of us. Yes, an ultra advanced eye can perhaps detect they’re fakes, but the average collector buys based on the third party’s guarantee the card is real.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

This is exactly why eBay planning to have slabbed cards go through their Authenticity Guaranty process is a good thing for the hobby. Not sure when or what the graded card-value threshold will be to go through the Authenticity process, but it can’t be soon enough.

• Options

Just reported this criminal to Etsy

• Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 467 ✭✭✭

What a dork.

• Options
    SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 197 ✭✭✭✭

Typical. Scam artist lashing out at everyone else when he is called out. There's absolutely no legitimate reason to produce "reproduction" PSA slabs other than to try to con less knowledgeable (but still innocent) collectors.

I'm not sure how copyright law would work in this situation, but it seems to me that putting a real PSA certification number on a fake slab must be some sort of violation, not to mention the PSA logo.

• Options
    emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

@PhilsFan2008 said:
    This wonderful Etsy sellers just posted this on his Etsy page at:
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/DeReplicationStation?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1151237074

Shop announcement
    As of 3/1/22 I will be moving away from selling custom cards. Too many customers have evidently used products that were intended for personal collections as a way to make easy money. I have been made aware that PSA forums are now dedicated to seeing me penalized for doing graded slabs. However as I have not infringed on PSA whatsoever there will be no such ramifications. If you need anything custom from here on out you will have to message me personally to discuss any needs you may have. You will still find dereplicationstation as your home for watches, costume props and various other items. Finally: To the sad few shut-in card police on the PSA FORUM I say this: you 6 people are the only ones who care about what you ramble about. It's sad . Enjoy lifelong abstinence.

Stay vigilant everyone, as these types of people need to be stopped

"
    "
    Count me in with "you 6 people"
    Yes it is sad. Undoubtedly these so called replicas will end up on the card market and some sap will end up with a fake at market price.
    How can this not be copyright infringement?
    Sorry fella, we're trying to protect market integrity

• Options
    GilRGilR Posts: 147 ✭✭✭

Not to be pedantic, but the word you want is trademark, not copyright:
    https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/basics/trademark-patent-copyright

But yes, you are 100% correct. The PSA logo's being copied is itself a clear violation of the law, without getting into what else is being done here. (Legal disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, but this is pretty straightforward.)

• Options

Nice reply by the seller…. Brought down by the 6 people here who care. It was more than just 6! Having to shut down proved that.

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Now the card companies need to go after these idiots selling "reprints" on facebook AND on ebay. They use the names Sports Dreams Arizona, Great Deal, etc etc to sell counterfeit cards of the biggest stars. Have reported hundreds of these listings to facebook and ebay and they just ignore it. If ebay started getting sued for allowing it, maybe they would come down

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

So which forum member is this jerk? We need to get him booted out of here as well. He is obviously on these boards and reads the posts.

• Options

Unfortunately you don't need to be a member to read the boards. Doubtful that this scumbag is a member.

• Options

Well, he is trying to find a way around this.. latest update..

Announcement Get ProStyleAwesome labels custom made for competitive pricing. Pm any questions. Watches are on sale this week while supplies last.
    Replicas made here:
    P$A/DN@ (replicas)
    B*#kett Collector's Club BCCG

So now the PSA on the label stands for “ProStyleAwesome”. Ok..

PSA still needs to protect their trademark. Must be selling the same thing, just giving less info on Etsy about what he is selling.

• Options
    GilRGilR Posts: 147 ✭✭✭

Claiming that "PSA" stands for "ProStyleAwesome" will not work. Again, I'm not a lawyer, but know enough to know that there is a massive body of case law saying the guy won't win if PSA challenges him. Same reason I can't open a fried chicken restaurant called "KFC" and claim it stands for "Krazy Fred's Chicken."

• Options

Lol you guys have brought me more work than I know what to do with!!! Can you imagine this: I bought a sonic welding press. I have a 3d printer and a laser engraving machine. Now you can't tell slabs apart. You guys should start using VPNS IS REALLY REALLY REALLY EASY TO SEE YOUR INFORMATION THROUGH THIS SITE.... SEE YA LATER?

This discussion has been closed.