Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 fleer test cal ripken

There is so little info on these. Any knowledgeable people on the boards here? Legend has it maybe 100 leaked out into the market. Obviously hard to place a value. Always wanted one….. just trying to gather knowledge on them

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

@VintagemanEd said:
    There is so little info on these. Any knowledgeable people on the boards here? Legend has it maybe 100 leaked out into the market. Obviously hard to place a value. Always wanted one….. just trying to gather knowledge on them

https://www.postwarcards.com/1982-fleer-test-details/

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only seen one in person - card show around 1991.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

What would the value on something like that be?

Shane

• Options

Authentic Only grades

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing - did not know these existed. Like how it shows Cal with different cropping. I would rather have the version that was more zoomed out and the picture looks more natural. The other has the cropping of the issued card. Honestly those seem like a bargain to me.

• Options
    VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 922 ✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2022 6:29PM

Brad it is hard to figure out what is rare and valuable sometimes…:: why does the collecting world hold the 1990 nnof Frank Thomas in such high regard but not the Ripken test card? I can’t figure it out

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VintagemanEd said:
    Brad it is hard to figure out what is rare and valuable sometimes…:: why does the collecting world hold the 1990 nnof Frank Thomas in such high regard but not the Ripken test card? I can’t figure it out

Agree. In general pack issued is much more valuable than sheet cut. I was shocked how affordable my 1972 Cloth Stocker Aaron card was.

Would much rather have this than Aqueos test, but that has caught on more. Will keep my eye out for one of these. The ones currently on EBay are cut so crookedly they are not the ones for me.

• Options
    edited February 26, 2022 8:37PM

@VintagemanEd said:

One was made on purpose, the other by accident... Plus all those test cards are hand cut.

• Options
    VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Well the sheet cut and not being in packs I guess does make some sense as to why these are not more desired. Those are the only explanations that do sound legit.