Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

1996 US $100 binary super radar

I found this bill in the wild 2 days ago and I have no idea what it's worth is. The serial number is 27777772.
This is the face of the bill
This is of the serial number

Comments

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool Super Radar. It’s worth more than face value, but how much someone might pay is anyone’s guess. It has some wear to it and with inflation running between 5-10%, it might lose its premium in a couple of years. Here’s the OP’s note if you don’t want to click on their link.

• A "super" cool circulation find. Unfortunately, in well circulated condition, the value is significantly diminished. Maybe $150 on a very good day.

• Thank you both so much. I'm new to this world of collectibles, and will be posting more finds in the future. What circulated bills are the most sought after? I don't think I will acquire any uncirculated examples until I have a better understanding of the market for this type of collectibles.

• air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

Too bad it didn’t read 72777727……I know there are people out there that collect Boeing serial numbered notes. Me included. The 727 was a workhorse. Good find…. Too bad for the crease, tear and folds. Put her away or maybe like previously mentioned put it on EBay for $150ish at most. The thing about EBay is that with many viewers, maybe that number is significant to someone’s collecting.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

The heavy wear at the center kills its appeal. Finding a buyer that makes the trouble of selling it worthwhile may be difficult.

All glory is fleeting.