Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Today's 400 $1 find.

Not a fancy note and not a star note. Took me two years of ATM/bank strap searching too find this note. Kind of cool that is still in good condition!!

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool find Vince. I’ve yet to find a Web note in circulation.

• Options
    luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Cool find Vince. I’ve yet to find a Web note in circulation.

Thanks Steve!! Hope you find one soon!!
    Are the 88A easier to find than the 95 & 99?

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. The lions share of Web notes are series 1988A.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@luckyrollers And this is why the hunt continues for us lucky enough to know what to look for. Have a good day. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Steve and Vince. When they first were released in '92-'93, I found them all the time in my area. I remember going to a local hardware chain store and receiving consecutive notes back. I asked to purchase the whole pack (1995 series) and ended up with 100 consecutive. Great find Vince haven't seen one in circulation in years. My first post on this site. Zack

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

Checking for a Web note seems to always slip my mind. I usually check my bills for other finds though. Great find!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty neet - haven't found one of those in a long time.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to see these all the time in the mid 90s but did not know they were anything special until about ten years ago. I have not seen one in circulation in probably twenty years.

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    @luckyrollers And this is why the hunt continues for us lucky enough to know what to look for. Have a good day. Peace Roy

Than you Roy!!

• Options

@jfriedm56 said:
    Hey Steve and Vince. When they first were released in '92-'93, I found them all the time in my area. I remember going to a local hardware chain store and receiving consecutive notes back. I asked to purchase the whole pack (1995 series) and ended up with 100 consecutive. Great find Vince haven't seen one in circulation in years. My first post on this site. Zack

Welcome to the forum Zack!! Do you still have any of the consecutive web notes?

• Options

@air4mdc said:
    Checking for a Web note seems to always slip my mind. I usually check my bills for other finds though. Great find!

Thanks!!

• Options

@Steven59 said:

How many do you have?

• Options

@JMS1223 said:
    I used to see these all the time in the mid 90s but did not know they were anything special until about ten years ago. I have not seen one in circulation in probably twenty years.

I hope you kept one!!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

@luckyrollers said:

@Steven59 said:

How many do you have?

3 circulated examples to be exact - 2 88A's, One 93 - still semi-looking for the 95

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2022 7:55PM

@luckyrollers said:

@JMS1223 said:

I hope you kept one!!

Unfortunately I didn’t because I didn’t think they were worth anything more than face value at the time. When I found out they were special years later I was surprised thinking about how common they seemed to be. I just figured at the time I started seeing them that they were going to be printing all money that way so it wouldn’t be anything special. I never realized it was temporary and only some $1 notes. From that time forward I never found one again.

• Options
    jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭✭

@luckyrollers said:

@jfriedm56 said:

Welcome to the forum Zack!! Do you still have any of the consecutive web notes?

Thanks Vince, Well since I got them for face value I kept the first 5 which I still have. I told a local dealer about them in the 90's and sold the remaining 95 for $5. each at the time. They were a more common B/H block 1995 series and I had alot of those, so..........gone.