Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Will PSA grade this card?

Hi, hope everyone is doing well! Does anyone know if PSA will grade a 2000 Rookie Phenom card and autograph? (Please see picture) I can’t find any in their database. If they will I am thinking about bidding on this card, but I would want to send it in for grading. Thanks for any help, James

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think that's an officially licensed product, so they won't grade the card. They would authenticate the auto and label it a trading card. I think. lol

• Options

Thank you for your help.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

One other thought, back in 2000-2001 Brady looked to be much thinner in a Patriots jersey than he did in later years and judging by that image used it just doesn't look right IMHO.

• Options

Thanks for all the help. I’m going to pass on the card.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2022 11:20PM

as far as I can see, its a custom card. I see in google images, GMA has graded some and labeled them including custom in the title.

for PSA to grade them, they don't necessarily need to already be listed in the registry or pop report. however, to get a card researched ahead of time and approved for adding, you need to supply them with two reputable sources of the cards being listed in some kind of checklist. that's where this card will fail on their end. since its custom, there won't be any official checklists containing listing the card so they won't approve it for grading.

as stated, PSA could still grade and authenticate the auto, they will just list the media type as "trading card". you can pay for a PSA quick opinion while the auction is still life and for a small fee, they can render an opinion on if they feel its likely genuine or not if you were still interested in getting it for the auto.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

• Options

@dictoresno said:

as stated, PSA could still grade and authenticate the auto, they will just list the media type as "trading card". you can pay for a PSA quick opinion while the auction is still life and for a small fee, they can render an opinion on if they feel its likely genuine or not if you were still interested in getting it for the auto.

Do you know how I go about getting PSA to look at a live auction autograph? Not for the card I posted, but for another card. Thanks again for your help!

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@Flyerfan127 said:

@dictoresno said:

Do you know how I go about getting PSA to look at a live auction autograph? Not for the card I posted, but for another card. Thanks again for your help!

Check here: https://www.psacard.com/quickopinion

Jim

• Options

@burghman said:

@Flyerfan127 said:

@dictoresno said:

Check here: https://www.psacard.com/quickopinion

Thank you so much for your help. I love this forum! Everyone is so nice and helpful. Thanks again!