Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Removing a card from holder for grading vs Genamint

Does anyone understand how the use of Genamint affects sending a card in for grading if you remove it from a newer holder. I ask because I am interested in a lower graded card on eBay that appears much nicer than the grade. It is in a newer holder. I understand that Genamint scans the front and back of a card and therefore has a fingerprint of the card on record for future needs. So if you crack out a card because you want to send it in to be graded once again, will PSA identify it as a card that has already been graded and therefore not evaluate it?

Comments

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

They will grade it, but knowing the previous grade will make it difficult to over-ride the previous grader and grade. Just my opinion .

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure a new holder necessarily means it has an attachment to Genamint ....

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

i agree with Scooby. Mabe the card you want was not photo. by the Genamint process . But, remember, a lot of cards look better on E-Bay than in hand. There is a reason it is for sale and a reason it got the grade it did. ( good or bad). I would be very careful about buying a card on e-bay expecting to crack and re-submit. Mabe if it is a great price for the grade given , then you won't have too much to lose.

• Options
    AANVAANV Posts: 331 ✭✭✭

I've had cards assessed as N1 get into 8 holders under the new PSA brass upon resubmission. I don't think the technology is being fully utilized right now. But those $150 subs are tough to stomach.

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@AANV said:
    I've had cards assessed as N1 get into 8 holders under the new PSA brass upon resubmission. I don't think the technology is being fully utilized right now. But those $150 subs are tough to stomach.

I agree, minsizerq is the most ridiculous thing PSA has ever came up with. 90% of Kareem Abdul Jabbar stickers from 1986 fleer are minsize according to them. How about instead, if its factory cut, grade the damn thing? LOL