Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Astounding 100-Note Pack of Series 1934A $500 Notes is First Banknote Pack Graded Under New Service

PCGS_SocialMediaPCGS_SocialMedia Posts: 311 mod
edited February 23, 2022 12:54PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

A full 100-note consecutively numbered pack of Series 1934A $500 Federal Reserve Notes is the first submission under a new banknote pack grading and encapsulation program that PCGS will soon be debuting in the United States.

“This is not only one of the oldest-surviving intact packs of U.S. banknotes to surface, but also the only pack of $500 notes believed to exist. It could be one of the rarest and most valuable banknote packs,” states PCGS President Stephanie Sabin.

PCGS Banknote Manager Joseph Pielago explains, “Banknote pack grading opens up an entirely new world of opportunities for collectors who previously had to break up historic or numismatically significant banknote packs for the purpose of getting these pieces graded and encapsulated. Collectors can maximize the value and security of their banknote packs with our revolutionary holder and never again need to break apart valuable packs to do so.”

Full announcement: https://www.pcgs.com/news/astounding-100-note-pack-of-series-1934a-500-dollar-notes

Want our top articles delivered to your e-mail inbox weekly? Join our e-newsletter here: https://www.pcgs.com/newsletter

Comments

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

I just don't understand why anybody would want to collect a pack (100 together rather than have a gem example of the one note). I've seen this announcement on another forum & I just don't get it (especially considering how expensive one $500 is).

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

I collect packs of modern replacement notes up to the denominations I can afford. These are in Capital Plastic holders I bought from Wizard to keep the edges and corners from getting bumped and nicked. If you’re patient, you can get them for a little over face. I collect them because I think they’re cool, and not as an investment, like let’s say gold or silver.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

id love to own that pack. what a beauTiful thing to see

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, amazing !!! 😃

Timbuk3