Deleted

ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 22, 2022 12:32PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

deleted

Mike

Comments

• thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

Morning,

Perhaps this is a subject not throughly enjoyed by many if you think about it....I'd prefer not to myself

Thanks

YeeHaw!

Neil

• ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I’ve been on both sides of that deal. The sell side may not be as fun but the buy side worked out for me.

I used to buy 4-5 cards a month from the board but slowed down a lot during the spike.

Mike
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2022 11:01AM

In Oct of 2017, those Jeter's were selling for 3K. They never went lower from there. PSA 9's were actually coming off 5K prices from the crazy 2016 year. No way you got that in 2018 for 1500-2K.

@Vagabond said:
    In Oct of 2017, those Jeter's were selling for 3K. They never went lower from there. PSA 9's were actually coming off 5K prices from the crazy 2016 year. No way you got that in 2018 for 1500-2K.

OK it was before 2018. I know the price is correct. Like I said, it's been a long time.

Mike

For the record I found the PP payment, it was Feb 2016. Sorry if I made a mistake this was supposed to be a fun thread and not an IRS audit.

Mike
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

I didn't doubt you paid that, I just figured that the purchase date and price paid (since you included both) would be pivotal in this thread and you weren't exactly off by a few months either.

OK. I will remove the purchase info, that wasn't the point. It's about the cards.

Mike
  • If I may say, what a horrible idea for a thread.

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, I think what the OP intended was people showing nice cards they obtained in mutually happy deals from fellow CU members, not chest thumping about cards that appreciated a lot afterwards.

OK I'll delete. I don't get why buying cards from other board members is such a negative topic. People buy and sell everyday on the BST board.

If you have sellers regret welcome to the club, I have sold my fair share that I regret but I just move on and enjoy what I have.

Mike

@PaulMaul said:
    To be fair, I think what the OP intended was people showing nice cards they obtained in mutually happy deals from fellow CU members, not chest thumping about cards that appreciated a lot afterwards.

Exactly. I put the wink in as a joke but I guess we have emoji illiterates on the board.

Every single one of the deals I did had two happy parties. Buying from this BST was one of main sources of good cards and I built a lot of my collection that way. I added the what I paid for it to give it context of how long ago I purchased the cards, but everyone wants to see what they want.

Mike
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2022 7:52PM

What was the title of the thread? Suckers!? :D

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.