Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Economy Event - Reduced capacity?

I got a number today a little less than 1000 and it is the first time I've been denied a slot in the Economy Event. I thought the limit was around 1400-1500 based on my unsuccessful attempts. It looks like the real number is less than 1000 or PSA reduced the slots this time around.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    StatsGuyStatsGuy Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

Well this event ended quickly (about 12 minutes). :/

Gretzky,Ripken, and Sandberg collection. Still trying to complete 1975 Topps baseball set from when I was a kid.

• Options

I suspect, depending the distance, from California, chances decrease or increase. Look like Florida, NY , height collectors states, get lower chances than west coast states. could be this true? Pleas illuminate me

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

@winter said:
    I suspect, depending the distance, from California, chances decrease or increase. Look like Florida, NY , height collectors states, get lower chances than west coast states. could be this true? Pleas illuminate me

Yes, the internet is slower the further away you are! >:)

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

@winter said:

That is not true. It's a lottery system. Every other time I got less than 1000, I got an allotment. This is the first time I did not get one.

Mike
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

Raw is back in style.

• Options
    winterwinter Posts: 73 ✭✭

The system doesn’t it met the basic requirements to be considered a lottery.
    -when each allocation event start, you get your number in line, id you are above 1000 1200. You are out. Your position if is your equivalent to lottery number And you are dead since the very beginning of the event. Lottery works with odds, let’s say’s, if they want 5000 allocators winners and are 10000, trying to win, that is solved in a fraction of second, with random assignment, y less than 5 seconds a lottery system can select the winners, with out the necessity of that countdown.
    If getting the number depends, of factors as quality , speed and distance of your internet connection, it pretty obvious, that each millisecond counts. I understand the good intentions of PSA, but look to me the system could be less complicated, and more clear in odds or chances. In my opinion the ideal system could be. -PSA announces the number of allocations for the coming event ( something like jackpot in game), PSA open, the registers, for a short period of time, after that and with no more chance for registers. Each regístree get a number . PSA Produce a raffle and announce the winning numbers..
    and please, no more in East coast lunch time

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2022 3:34PM

today's lottery was for 50 items per {as opposed to 5 usually}; probably part of the reason as to why it was limited participants & closed quickly.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

I got the one allocation I need couple weeks ago and that is it for me. I just don't have additional cards with the value to submit at $50.00 a pop.

• Options
    azvikeazvike Posts: 356 ✭✭✭

If you get a 5 card allocation...can you "add" a mechanical error or 2 to your sub to get fixed?...thx for any help.