Home Sports Talk
Options

This might be worth checking out

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Adam Sandler in non comedy's is better then I thought he can be

m

https://youtu.be/9dueaC-thEA

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never been much of a Sandler fan, but another of his non-comedy efforts, Uncut Gems, was fairly good, too. It has a sports gambling theme running through it, and has Kevin Garnett acting in it, as well.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Adam Sandler really does love basketball, he plays a lot of street ball, here is a photo of him when he dropped by a NYC basketball court and played in a pickup game.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:
    I've never been much of a Sandler fan, but another of his non-comedy efforts, Uncut Gems, was fairly good, too. It has a sports gambling theme running through it, and has Kevin Garnett acting in it, as well.

That was a great movie, the only reason I watched it was because it was not a comedy. I loath Adam Sandler comedy acts

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two summers ago my girlfriends niece was a nanny for Adam Sandler, she said he was a very nice guy and the biggest stipulation of the job was no pictures allowed. She said they were on the borderline of being a little cheap but nice people overall.

His friend Kevin James was an absolute jerk, he was condescending and really ignorant towards hired help.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Two summers ago my girlfriends niece was a nanny for Adam Sandler, she said he was a very nice guy and the biggest stipulation of the job was no pictures allowed. She said they were on the borderline of being a little cheap but nice people overall.

His friend Kevin James was an absolute jerk, he was condescending and really ignorant towards hired help.

I played hoops against him on the 6th Ave court probably 20 years ago. I remember him having a giant zit on his back. I didn't want to guard him

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

I played hoops against him on the 6th Ave court probably 20 years ago. I remember him having a giant zit on his back. I didn't want to guard him

m

That's the kind of inside info one can only glean here from the denizens of CU :D

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sandler was fantastic in Reign Over Me where he plays a man whose family was killed in 9/11 and retreats from society. It's powerful and moving and Sandler is really good in it.