Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Are there connoisseurs of the coins of Tsarist Russia?

Good day! I want to ask if there are lovers and collectors of coins of tsarist Russia of the 19th century here. Share your collections and I'll show you something.

Comments

• EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a few high grade Imperial and Siberian copper pieces from Ekaterina II. But sadly I cannot find their images on my iPhone.

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• @EVillageProwler said:
    I have a few high grade Imperial and Siberian copper pieces from Ekaterina II. But sadly I cannot find their images on my iPhone.

Too bad!

• @TwoKopeiki said:
    How about an 1829 Double Abaz? Georgia as a Russian Protectorate. Key date with mintage of 20,506 and listed as Rare in Bitkin.

Great coin! Don't tell me the price?
    I got a coin from my grandfather by inheritance "1 ruble 1804"

• I couldn't upload my photo of the coin, so I used the photo of the coin from the auction as an example.

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice bit of family history. You should pass it on to your kids.

• @TwoKopeiki said:
    Nice bit of family history. You should pass it on to your kids.

Thanks! I don't even think about parting with the coin! She is of great value to me and my pedigree. Many moments are associated with this coin, a burned house, nomadism, and this is only a small part of all the events. This coin is like a small coat of arms of the family.

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • tcollectstcollects Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2022 2:15PM

• @tcollects said:

An interesting option! Would you like to share the history of your coin?

edited February 22, 2022 2:15PM

• Here are a couple of messy coins...

This is a 1731 denga, which seems to both be double struck and struck over a Peter I kopek from 1704-1718.

Anna Denga, 1731

Krasny Mint, Moscow. Copper, 7.4g. ДЕ / НГА 1731 in cartouche. Double-headed eagle (Bit 272; KM 188). Peter I Kopek underneath: Kadashevsky Mint, Moscow. Double-headed eagle, Ц(РЬ ПЕТРЪ АЛЕѮI)ЕВИЧЪ, (mintmark МД). ВСЕѦ + РО(СIИ + ПОВЕЛIТЕЛЬ +, КО-ПЕИКА) (KM 118).

This coin is the design of a 1793 EM 5 kopeks (Catherine II) overstruck on a 1796 10 kopeks (Catherine II reduced coinage) by Paul I in 1797. He wanted to get rid of Catherine II's new coinage and obliterate his mother's memory. You can see the '10 desyat kopeks' on the obverse and the E (for Ekatarina) and the dots of the under-coin's design on the reverse.

Paul I 5 Kopeks, 1797

Ekaterinburg. Copper, 45mm, 42g. Crowned monogram of Ekaterina II divides date within wreath. Crowned double-headed eagle, Е М, Five Kopecks (Bit P101).

• PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

• OlegOleg Posts: 9

@JohnConduitt said:
    Here are a couple of messy coins...

This is a 1731 denga, which seems to both be double struck and struck over a Peter I kopek from 1704-1718.

Anna Denga, 1731

Krasny Mint, Moscow. Copper, 7.4g. ДЕ / НГА 1731 in cartouche. Double-headed eagle (Bit 272; KM 188). Peter I Kopek underneath: Kadashevsky Mint, Moscow. Double-headed eagle, Ц(РЬ ПЕТРЪ АЛЕѮI)ЕВИЧЪ, (mintmark МД). ВСЕѦ + РО(СIИ + ПОВЕЛIТЕЛЬ +, КО-ПЕИКА) (KM 118).

This coin is the design of a 1793 EM 5 kopeks (Catherine II) overstruck on a 1796 10 kopeks (Catherine II reduced coinage) by Paul I in 1797. He wanted to get rid of Catherine II's new coinage and obliterate his mother's memory. You can see the '10 desyat kopeks' on the obverse and the E (for Ekatarina) and the dots of the under-coin's design on the reverse.

Paul I 5 Kopeks, 1797

Ekaterinburg. Copper, 45mm, 42g. Crowned monogram of Ekaterina II divides date within wreath. Crowned double-headed eagle, Е М, Five Kopecks (Bit P101).

Very valuable coins. I envy your luck with white envy. May it please the eyes of you and your children! :smile:

edited March 2, 2022 4:37AM

@PBRat said:

Good preservation! Cherish this memory.

• PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

Another one ...

@PBRat said:
    Another one ...

You have a great collection, mister!

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two days ago I acquired 85 non Us Coins dating from the 1700's to the early 1900's (with a couple of them dating perhaps to the 1400's and 1500's).

I have slowly been going through them and find that some of them are Russian.

One is an 1898 3 Kopek and one is an 1897 1 Kopek (I posted a separate thread about them, with photos).

Looking forward to going through the others to pick out and learn about other Russian coins.

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21

@Oleg said:

@tcollects said:

An interesting option! Would you like to share the history of your coin?

it's the Goodman coin

Mikhailovich

• I`m from Poland and collect russian coins before 1917, I have some competentives in russian coins. I can read and speak russian and may be helpful.

I got this cool overdate last night...

• SimonWSimonW Posts: 607 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve got one or two, love the 5’s

I'm BACK!!! Used to be Billet7 on the old forum.

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2023 10:22AM

Connoisseur? That leaves me out

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

here's a scarce 5 from Crimea...