Home Sports Talk

Tom Brady's final TD pass ball goes up for auction

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have to keep an eye on this puppy, I want to know how much it fetches, Tom Brady's final touchdown pass ball has officially gone up for auction at Lelands.

Tom Brady's final TD pass football hits auction block

Have to wonder if Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Evans will jump into the battle for this football since he is at the root of the auction. Nah….

The ball number 435 for the final — for now — touchdown pass thrown by Tom Brady to Evans is up for auction via Lelands.

The opening bid is a tidy $100,000. There are more than 24 days left to bid on the football that was thrown in the Bucs’ playoff loss to the Los Angeles Rams at Raymond James Stadium on Jan. 23, 2022.

Per Lelands:

Brady’s 55-yard touchdown pass was caught by wide receiver Mike Evans, which cut the Rams’ lead to 27-20 with 3:20 left to play in the fourth quarter. As is his habit when he scores, Evans tossed the ball into the stands, where it was caught by our consignor.

The ball has been consigned directly from the fan who caught it after Evans tossed it into the stands.

The ball has also been conclusively photo matched. The Wilson Official NFL football features a large NFL logo on side panel, below which, on a separate panel is a silver oval bearing the Buccaneers’ team logo and the number “435.”

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is the link to the auction, thete are 23 days left in the auction and the current bid is $105,000.

https://auction.lelands.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=108647

I say we all pitch in $50,000 each and win this ball and have it shipped to perkdog, he can hold onto it and store it for us!

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I say we all pitch in $50,000 each and win this ball and have it shipped to perkdog, he can hold onto it and store it for us!

No way. He has crazy friends. It will end up like the Babe Ruth signed ball in Sandlot.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ball sells for astronomical amount. Brady unretires, throws many more TDs. Guy lost his shirt.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

@Justacommeman said:

@doubledragon said:

No way. He has crazy friends. It will end up like the Babe Ruth signed ball in Sandlot.

mark

Hmm, maybe Hydrant would be a better choice. 🤔

It's at $197,991 with 5 days to go in the auction!

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

how much air in the ball? /s/

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brick said:
    Ball sells for astronomical amount. Brady unretires, throws many more TDs. Guy lost his shirt.

I agree. Happened to McGuires home run ball. Bonds broke his record just a few years later. Wonder what McGuires ball is worth now? Little different but still.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.