Home Q & A Forum
Options

Coin Packaging

Hello. This may be a very basic question, but I thought I should ask rather than make a mistake.

I recently purchased some proof-like coins and they came in a sealed thin plastic pouch. Does it harm or lessen the value if it's removed from that pouch and placed directly in a coin flip? Should I leave it in the thin plastic pouch?

Thanks for your time in answering this beginners question.

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2022 4:10PM

Were they sealed on all 4 sides?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Yes, sealed on all four sides

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Topher1977 That might be original mint packaging and is often desirable that the coin remain sealed inside that item. Or is it a sealed plastic baggie that was repackaged by a retailer other than the US mint. Give us a pic. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2022 4:45PM

If it is a proof and you re-package it into a 2x2 flip, wear gloves.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members