Home Sports Talk
Options

Best Part Of The Game?

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 16, 2022 8:41PM in Sports Talk

For me:...It's after the clock has run out....when the players go onto the field. At that point the final score means NOTHING. The hugs, the handshakes, the stripping off of the jerseys....the kneeling in a circle at the 50 yard line. Both teams, TOGETHER....down on their knees.....holding hands......giving thanks. You don't see that part on T.V.....they never show it.....and when the players walk into the tunnel after the game.....l always watch them....I know they did their best.....they know it too...WIN or LOSE.....Oh, well.....I love that part of the game.......always chokes me up......call me an old softie..... I don't care.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me, the best part of the game is the heat of battle, a close game and both teams are going back and forth and giving it everything they got. And then Cam Newton fumbles, jump on the ball you idiot, I hate football!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    For me:...It's after the clock has run out....when the players go onto the field. At that point the final score means NOTHING. The hugs, the handshakes, the stripping off of the jerseys....the kneeling in a circle at the 50 yard line. Both teams, TOGETHER....down on their knees.....holding hands......giving thanks. You don't see that part on T.V.....they never show it.....and when the players walk into the tunnel after the game.....l always watch them....I know they did their best.....they know it too...WIN or LOSE.....Oh, well.....I love that part of the game.......always chokes me up......call me an old softie..... I don't care.

There are times when you get to see the players, especially of different teams, joined together in prayer on television. But it is often only right after an apparent devastating injury. I know that it happens after games, because occasionally after a huge game you get a little extra on field camera work. But this is a good point that you make.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    >

There are times when you get to see the players, especially of different teams, joined together in prayer on television. But it is often only right after an apparent devastating injury.

Yes, a situation like that happened during the Ram/Niner game two weeks ago. A Niner was injured and the players gathered around. It was very tense.....and then you see the Brotherhood of all the players.... It's a very emotional experience, at least for me. And then....they go right back at it.......into the trenches. Unreal.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like when the players come running out of the tunnel just before kickoff and hearing the packed stadium cheering them on!

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best part of the game for me is game changing plays that stick in my mind long after the game is over.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...