Home Sports Talk

Observations

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 14, 2022 5:28PM in Sports Talk

As some of you know I have a semi lucrative side hustle that requires me to watch pretty much every play of every game. ( at least that's what I tell my wife). I just re watched the Super Bowl.

1) that last LA drive never happens unless Kupp coverts on a 4th and 1 run from the Rams own 30. He just flat out beat Von Bell and gained 7 yards. The rest of the drive was pure Stafford and Kupp magic.

2) on that last drive Stafford dropped a no look pass into Kupp in between 4 Bengals. He looked off Kupp and made a sick throw back to him. Maybe the single best throw I saw all season and on the biggest stage at the most critical time.

3) on the Bengals last drive they had 2nd and one at the 50. The second down play Burrow throw a deep ball to Chase. It never had a chance. A wasted down. On 3rd down Aaron Donald made the play of his career when falling backwards he pulled Perine back as he was stretching for a 1st down. On 4th down he just completely blew up the play. Back to back greatness.

4) Stafford, Donald and Kupp where all very humble and grateful. It was awesome to see.

5) it was a class act to have Robert Woods and his wife on stage during the trophy celebration.

There's more but these stuck out

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the final play, Jalen Ramsey fell down and Chase was running free for a game-winning touchdown.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is frickin awesome! The 100/sq one I was on, the final score dude got ~8gs I think I heard.

How'd he get 125k on a 2g board? How'd that split for a 200k total??

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2022 5:48AM

@DrBuster said:
    How'd he get 125k on a 2g board? How'd that split for a 200k total??

He got the final score is all I know, I think the other scores were 5K? I know the missed extra point cost him that so I’m assuming that’s what it was but idk

edited February 15, 2022 5:51AM

I was thinking it had to be a score change pay and then the final after I posted, wondered the payout. 5k makes sense. Awesome problem to have...to keep it out of the bank/off the books.

The 100 I was on was 300/score change then final.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

What an incredible win !! NICE!!

My biggest thrill was paltry compared to that. Once won $7k at the Mirage in about 15 mins, playing one on one against the dealer on a $25 table. Played multiple hands at $100-$200/hand. Splits and double downs were falling my way. Colored up and enjoyed my win.

Saw Michael Jordan playing that day at Mirage also, betting a stack of purple ($500 each), about 1.5 inches high. Awesome to watch!!

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭

That wasted pass attempt to Chase loomed large. At the time I told those watching with me that it was a rookie mistake in a big game. You have to prioritize first downs early during those 2 minute drives.

$125k is crazy. I can't imagine putting up the $2k in the first place, I used to think I was a baller when I bought $100 squares.

Robb

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    My best friends father won $125,000 CASH on a $2000 Square.

Will there be a 1099 involved?

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m feeling putting everything on double zero

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

If he's interested, might make a few extra dollars on any fancy serial numbers on those notes. Radar notes, solid numbers, etc.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".