Home Precious Metals
Options

Anglo American Metals Silver Ingot

MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up this little ingot last week. I know they're scarce but that's about it.
I can't find any others like it but I'm not the best googler.
There's a 10oz bar some joker on ebay has for $1k but I assume he's a little optimistic.
Anybody familiar with these? There's nothing about them on Allengelhard.com.

They are still an active mining operation...

We find, plan and build, mine, process, move and market to our customers a diversified and high quality range of products, spanning bulk commodities, base metals and minerals, and precious metals and minerals.

Comments

• Options
    doubleeagle07doubleeagle07 Posts: 398 ✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2022 7:15PM

What I was able to find online:
    Anglo American Metals was founded in 1917 by German born Sir Ernest Oppenheimer. AAM is still in operation with mines all over the world.

Also found they made the following bars: 1 oz (Blank Reverse), 1 oz (“Pacific Gold & Silver” stamp on reverse), 5 oz, 10 oz, 10 oz Portrait variety

Successful transactions with: AnonMan, Commoncents05, JJM, PerryHall, Danielp, greenwr, Along, Herb_T, Downtown1974, masscrew, coinnerd, liefgold, JWP, Relaxn, Pnies20, Weiss, Type2, dm679864, pointfivezero, and more!

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have this bar also I found a while back... I have never seen another one like it.

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2022 2:52PM

Their little chunky one ounce I posted on Friday (left).

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

@Weiss said:
    Their little chunky one ounce I posted on Friday (left).

Love those A-mark chunky stackers. Thats a nice second gen Silvermat bar.

Successful transactions with: AnonMan, Commoncents05, JJM, PerryHall, Danielp, greenwr, Along, Herb_T, Downtown1974, masscrew, coinnerd, liefgold, JWP, Relaxn, Pnies20, Weiss, Type2, dm679864, pointfivezero, and more!