Home Q & A Forum
Options

Large Coin Storage.

Hello,

I had a fantasy coin created from a book series and the coin is rather large. I’m looking for the best way to display the coin. The measurements are 42mm x 5mm and ultimately I’m interested in a coin slab but I’m open to suggestions. Thanks for the help! 

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to CU. Using some key words in the Google shall reveal 42mm coin holders from various sources. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    Welcome to CU. Using some key words in the Google shall reveal 42mm coin holders from various sources. Good luck. Peace Roy

Thanks for the response Peace Roy!

I have searched google to no avail as the thickness of the coin is a hurdle that I am having difficulty in surmounting. Which is why I joined this forum to see if anyone had a suggestion for coins of this size and mostly thickness.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t know of an off the shelf product that fits it exactly

There is the ugly possibility of using some super sized one and then you have the issue of needing a gasket (3D printing?)

There is also possibly finding someone to 3D print one in clear plastic

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another idea is to use a clear plastic hinged box and make your own gasket out of closed foam. These clear plastic boxes are retail staples for packaging. Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I missed it, but what is size of the coin?

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

Hey, I found the size, sorry bout that.

• Options

Here os a coin I have in this oversized capsule.

If you want to try it, PM me with your sddtess and I'll mail you one. Jon

• Options

PM’d !! Thanks!