Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Where was this guy hiding?

Always looking for stars and with the average life of a $1 banknote at 6-7 years, I was glad to get this guy in change. The hunt continues. Time for football! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

Comments

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:
    Always looking for stars and with the average life of a $1 banknote at 6-7 years, I was glad to get this guy in change. The hunt continues. Time for football! Peace Roy

Barr note star in circulation is pretty rare. Most likely someone either inherited it and doesn't collect or someone was running low on funds and spent it.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find Roy.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice :)

• Options
    luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:

Awesome change find!!! Congrats to you. I found three to four barr notes but note a star barr note yet.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing still in circulation and to get back for change.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one!

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say that it wasn't still in circulation, but returned to circulation.

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find. I just found a San Fran Barr note in change this morning, but the star notes have eluded me.