Home Sports Talk

A disgusting beverage in honor of the Bengals

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Cincinnati airport has created a disgusting beverage in honor of the Bengals making it to the Super Bowl, say hello to the Cincy-tini, part beer, part chili, and they add a bit of shredded cheese and some oyster crackers!

Cincinnati airport combined chili and beer for a nightmare-inducing beverage in honor of the Bengals

We know Cincinnati is excited about the Bengals being in the Super Bowl, but this is a bridge too far. Part-chili, part-martini (allegedly), this monstrosity is being served at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport.

I’m honestly terrified by this entire situation. According to the tweet from the official CVG Airport account, the “Cincy-tini” is made up of Hudepohl beer and Gold Star Chili. Typing those words in succession gave me anxiety about the consistency of this beverage, but it’s certainly not what I’d be looking for before I boarded any sort of pressurized, enclosed space. Don’t worry, it also comes with shredded cheese and some oyster crackers.

It appears they know it’s a terrible idea as the picture itself includes some soon-to-be required Pepto Bismol. Pinkies, out!

Be right back, I’m calling the FBI.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not going to say that’s disgusting, it’s just a very odd combination. Chili and Cheddar cheese go hand in hand, I’m just not sure where the oyster crackers fit in though. Beer is Beer

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm learning some new things, apparently Cincinnati is famous for it's chili, and they even put it on spaghetti.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love chili

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Notice that bottle of Pepto next to it. :D

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I’m not going to say that’s disgusting, it’s just a very odd combination.

Let me say it for you then. That's is disgusting ( but I might give it a go)

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chili is great, I put it on nachos

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cincinnati Chili is a well known dish in Ohio, Oyster crackers are served with it to soak up excess juice. And the chili is sometimes made with beer so it all makes sense..........

You can make/order it 4 different ways:
    2-Way: Chili served over spaghetti.
    3-Way: Chili served over spaghetti with finely shredded cheddar cheese.
    4-Way: Chili served over spaghetti with diced onions and finely shredded cheddar cheese.
    5-Way: Chili served over spaghetti with warmed canned red kidney beans, diced onions, and finely shredded cheddar cheese.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cincinnati is weird

I love it

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

edited February 12, 2022 11:02AM

Very strange indeed, but I'm used to strange things. Did you know, there is a squirrel that I feed outside every day, I throw scraps to him, and he comes around every day. My wife has nicknamed the squirrel "Richard Gere" because she says the squirrel is handsome like Richard Gere was in his younger days. And today, I was poking around online and ran into this photo.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2022 11:22AM

richard gere and rodents

^ let's just say that squirrel may be in grave danger

google is your friend

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

There's also a possum that comes around at night from the woods out back, I steer clear of them. They look cute, but in reality they are savages that will not hesitate to attack.

Adorable right?

Not so adorable when he eats the nose off your face!