Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Roosevelt Silver Dimes (1946-1964) In Upcoming Great Collection Auctions in PCGS MS67+FB And MS68FB

There are some Top Pop Silver Roosie Dimes hitting the auction block in upcoming Great Collections auctions.
Many MS67+FB and MS68FB Silver coins. Looks like another serious Roosie Dime collector has decided to quit playing the game.
There are a few that have caught my attention.
Danny

Comments

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DANNY Looks like the five dime collection had a pretty good start.

My question who is the sunset collection. He or her has sold a awful lot of high grade FB’s over the years

Any insight where that set would have ranked if registered?

Thanks
    Martin

Martin

• Options
    DANNYDANNY Posts: 347 ✭✭✭

Martin:
    I do not know who owned the Sunset Collection or what coins it consisted of.
    Therefore, I could not even guess where the set would have ranked in the Roosie Registry.
    Perhaps Nick would be able to shed some light on this.

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DANNY said:
    Martin:
    I do not know who owned the Sunset Collection or what coins it consisted of.
    Therefore, I could not even guess where the set would have ranked in the Roosie Registry.
    Perhaps Nick would be able to shed some light on this.

Having watched the Registry for years, I do not believe the "Sunset Collection" was ever a Registry participant. My guess, it's a generic name for a large collection of dimes, and other coins.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    DANNYDANNY Posts: 347 ✭✭✭

After some research and further conversation with other Roosie collectors, my opinion and believe is that the SUNSET COLLECTION, is the TITLE/NAME given to coins submitted to GC for auction by a person/collector/dealer who is very good with the process of "crack-out/upgrade".

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DANNY said:
    After some research and further conversation with other Roosie collectors, my opinion and believe is that the SUNSET COLLECTION, is the TITLE/NAME given to coins submitted to GC for auction by a person/collector/dealer who is very good with the process of "crack-out/upgrade".

I have received the same information.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Darn it. GC is gonna cost me some money.

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DANNY @lablover Thank you quys for the information. I have been supecting such or the guy had one heck of a collecton.

Roosie up
    Martin