Home Sports Talk
Options

shout-out to HVIII

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 6, 2022 9:25PM in Sports Talk

who, you may ask? Harold Varner III. a black professional golfer. that's correct, Tiger Woods isn't the only one on the tour.

in the middle of the night at a tourney over in Saudi Arabia that was chock-full of big names due to some significant appearance fees, HVIII came to the last hole of the tournament needing two putts to tie Bubba Watson and force a playoff. he was 90(!) feet away with a stiff wind prepared to shove his ball offline once it got rolling. in other words, getting home in two was not a certainty.........at all.

but who needs two putts when you can just end it with one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96QnP5Ld90M&t=28s

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2022 9:10PM

and now that you've seen it, a few things:

1) if you follow the NFL playoff wagers thread, you'll see that i bet against HVIII in a H2H matchup in that tournament. makes me chuckle, because it's as if he said, "hey galaxy, not only are you going to lose that bet, but i've got a little somethin' somethin' for ya at the end." :D

2) if i've said it once i've said it a million times -- professional golfers are the best. see the guy running toward the green after the putt was made? that was Bubba Watson, the guy Harold snagged the tournament from. in what other sport is someone's heart completely ripped out, then they immediately make a beeline to congratulate the guy who did the deed?

3) if you're asking yourself, "was that the Jumpman logo on his shirt and hat?" the correct answer is yes. he is sponsored by Jordan brand. not surprisingly, his duds are sleek. and check out a pair of his sweet Air Jordan golf kicks:

dubya tee gee Harold