Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is this still worth grading

PccollectPccollect Posts: 7

Hey guys I recently pulled a pretty low numbered lamelo but the back has a very small round divot. For anyone that graded with bgs or psa would this still be worth grading if I want a 9 let say.

image URL: https://ibb.co/jvJRCpQ

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭✭

Is it a divot or a dimple? Divot (like in golf) would be missing paper!

• Options

@RufussCkingston said:
    Is it a divot or a dimple? Divot (like in golf) would be missing paper!

Its like a round indent with no paper loss I have posted a image link if that helps

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

If all else is perfect, could be a 9, could be a 10

• Options

@Jayman1982 said:
    If all else is perfect, could be a 9, could be a 10

Everything is good on the card other than the round indent on the back near the right bottom

• Options
    SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 197 ✭✭✭✭

Probably better off getting it graded regardless. That way, if you ever decide to sell it you won't have to worry about trying describing the defect.

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

Will knock it to a 7 at least.

• Options

@1959 said:

Yeah that was kinda what I thought as well

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭✭

If you grade BGS, then the other subgrades will bring it back up a 1/2 or full point most likely.

• Options

@RufussCkingston said:
    If you grade BGS, then the other subgrades will bring it back up a 1/2 or full point most likely.

I have heard the bgs is better for cards like this as well

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2022 5:01AM

@1959 said:

For what it's worth, I've had a few cards with very similar dents out of the pack grade 10 from PSA in the last year

• Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2022 8:24AM

Delete

• Options

Recently graded 10's? Could be new grader. But ya never know.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1959 said:

I have seen, owned and graded a few cards with similar indents that have been graded PSA 9 and 10’s. Could go either way. You would think the surface grade would take a hit, but it doesn’t always I guess in PSA’s eyes.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

Thanks everyone so much for your comments I will send the card off to bgs this week as their turn around is quite fast right now. Fingers crossed

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

I had a LeBron chrome refractor rc many years ago before the price increases. It had a dimple just like the one shown on the back. The card was literally almost flawless except for that, the card came back a 7 overall, so I would agree that as long as the rest of the card is 9.5 on the subgrades, it would come back a 7.

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options

@mtcards said:
    I had a LeBron chrome refractor rc many years ago before the price increases. It had a dimple just like the one shown on the back. The card was literally almost flawless except for that, the card came back a 7 overall, so I would agree that as long as the rest of the card is 9.5 on the subgrades, it would come back a 7.

Hi Guys, just got the grades back from BGS it ended up being a 8.5 with the surface having a sub grade of 8.

• Options

Great. good choice.