Home Sports Talk

Is Aaron Rodgers thinking about the Titans?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very interesting, one Aaron Rodgers has bought some land in Tennesse and is building a home there, this has set off a wild fire of speculation.

The Titans emerge as a potential Aaron Rodgers suitor

As Aaron Rodgers figures out where his career will unfold in 2022, a new potential suitor has entered the picture.

On Tuesday, Jared Stillman of 102.5 The Game in Nashville reported that the Packers quarterback has purchased land and is in the process of building a house in Franklin, Tennessee. A suburb of Nashville. Home of the Titans.

Stillman adds that Rodgers is “open” to joining the Titans.

Rodgers should be open to joining the Titans. They have a great team. They were the No. 1 seed in the AFC. But for three interceptions thrown by current quarterback Ryan Tannehill, the Titans likely would have advanced to the AFC Championship, for the second time in three years.

Of the four divisions in the AFC, the AFC South is the most unsettled and wide open. The Titans, with Rodgers, could rule the division the same way the Packers run the NFC North.

Come the postseason, however, Rodgers would be facing the likes of Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson, and/or Justin Herbert. For that reason, Rodgers would be better off in the NFC.

That said, if Rodgers is going to go anywhere in the AFC, the Titans would make the most sense.

It may not make financial sense for the Titans. Tannehill’s contract has a $29 million salary for 2022, fully guaranteed. Trading him before June 1 would trigger a cap hit of $28.4 million. It would be difficult to move him, especially when Rodgers would have to be paid, too.

While not impossible, it won’t be easy. Unless the Packers are interested in a Stabler-Pastorini-style swap for Tannehill and his $29 million salary for 2022.

Comments

• ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

No. ....enjoyed the analysis however.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

This possibility has me very excited, I think he would fit in perfectly in Tennesse, the home of country music, and he could even go line dancing on weekends!

Yes, and Aaron Rodgers actually sold his California mansion recently.

The TV room in his California mansion.

Nice patio with a fireplace, he sold the mansion for $5.13 million.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

I gotta say my TV room looks 100% more comfortable than that room, I mean definitely not as elegant looking but I don’t care. I would bet my couch is way more comfortable!!!

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a fixer upper in California sad to say

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Are we sure that is Rodgers house? I would think it would have more mirrors

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

I gotta say my TV room looks 100% more comfortable than that room, I mean definitely not as elegant looking but I don’t care. I would bet my couch is way more comfortable!!!

That couch doesn't look too comfortable, I would have thought his TV room would have been better than that, personally I'm disappointed in his decorative tastes.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2022 8:09PM

$29 million salary for 2022 season for Tannehill? OMG how many OGH gold coins would that buy? In either case, that makes it really hard for get rid of him if Aaron rides into town and wants to be sheriff.

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/

@Justacommeman said:
    Are we sure that is Rodgers house? I would think it would have more mirrors

mark

But it does have high ceilings

m

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Probably relatively close proximity to Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Carolina and New Orleans to name a few other destinations.