Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Do I ever hate sellers with very misleading descriptions?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144392026828?hash=item219e6f7acc:g:48sAAOSwbaFh9zS3

He is selling PSA 10's so he has to know better.
Other auctions are similar.

To me just another scammer.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
1948-76 Topps FB Sets
FB & BB HOF Player sets
1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

Comments

• Options

What am I missing?

Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe saying only 17 are graded higher, ignoring the OC qualifier?

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

O/C is all I need to see and I move on .... yawn.

• Options

Regardless of how one personally views o/c cards, it is clearly visible in the image, it is clearly stated in both the title and description, so I'm unsure what's misleading.
    I guess I can see the statement of "only 17 graded higher", ignoring the o/c qualifier but I wouldn't get too worked up over it. I compare that to debating the description of "old cards." People having different definitions of terms does not automatically make it misleading.

Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2022 8:31AM

There is one listing on eBay that cracks me up. Advertises the card as pop 1. It's actually pop 2 and I have the other one. :D He's a high volume seller so I'm guessing this was pop one at one time, but he's never bothered to update or go through his large inventory to correct anything. What's even more funny is another seller selling a 9 and he has "Only one 10" in his description.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

@augustaman said:
    Regardless of how one personally views o/c cards, it is clearly visible in the image, it is clearly stated in both the title and description, so I'm unsure what's misleading.
    I guess I can see the statement of "only 17 graded higher", ignoring the o/c qualifier but I wouldn't get too worked up over it. I compare that to debating the description of "old cards." People having different definitions of terms does not automatically make it misleading.

There are 356 cards graded higher, a 9(OC) is the equivalent to a straight 7.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    MunnymanMunnyman Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

I agree with the title of this thread. Have any of you seen the tactic that seller openanduseb4-labels is using? They are listing high priced cards and items with starting bids of $1.00. However they aren't accepting bids, only a buy it now that is listed through the own website. Those details are only listed in the description. How in the hell is eBay allowing this???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393932364855?hash=item5bb832dc37:g:18UAAOSw4JphPRP2

• Options

Back in the day you could warn bidders about shady auctions. I still see people buying reprints and thinking they are buying the real deal. It would be nice to give them a heads up so they don't get screwed and give up on a set or the hobby.

SinibobCards@aol.com

Working on 56T BB and 80T BB
    Looking to trade blocks of BB graded commons for other blocks of BB commons

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/sinibobcards/othersets/3205

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sinibobsystems/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

These tactics are not going to get the experienced pros like the guys here on the registry.
    But they are intended to mislead people and get more money than cards are worth.
    We all know a 9oc (7) gets probably 25% or less than a straight PSA 9.
    As long as ebay is getting their chunk they will do nothing....except..................when it hurts their pocketbook.

The thread mentioned above on ebay has already gone spoof. I saw those items earlier today.

At least when 4SC does it you can actually buy the card on ebay.

1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

The $1 ebay guy is back up.

stewart8768

1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets