Home Autographs Forum
Options

Any thoughts on cutting open a football to lay flat for display?

Anyone done it? It could look good being added to a displayed jersey in a case. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have NEVER ever seen that. I would be curious to see what a cut open football would look like but I would NOT try it on an autographed one until I practice on an unsigned one just to see if I even like what a flattened cut open football looks like.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably a bad idea.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

No offense, but it is a downright stupid idea. You would be destroying the value.

I did something similar with cheap baseballs once. I sent panels to a few players to sign. Yeah, it looked sort of unusual, but ultimately who the heck would want them?

• Options
    omgjediomgjedi Posts: 111 ✭✭✭

I have seen this a few times, I think it looks really nice for display on footballs that have multiple panels signed and typically you wouldn't be able to easily see all the signatures with a standard or mirrored display. Been thinking of doing it for a ball I have that has 3 of 4 sides signed. As far as resale I am not sure how popular it is, so I would only do it to something you personally enjoy and don't plan on selling, but then again if it is nicely displayed surely there would be a buyer out there for it.