Home Sports Talk
Options

Another Cooper Kupp thread

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 31, 2022 3:21PM in Sports Talk

I know playoff games don't count towards MVP considerations but in my humble opinion he is the MVP and it's not particularly close. His playoffs on top of his historic regular season are unequaled. What a disrupter.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

2,333 combined receiving yards (reg + post)

20 total house calls

now for the eye test. most polished route runner i think i've ever seen. creates all kinds of separation. ran a 4.62 at the combine but his game speed is wayyyyyy faster. suction-cup hands. ridonkulous YAC numbers. even blocks like a beast on running plays.

he'd get my vote

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2022 9:01AM

He is the best all around football player I have ever seen in my life. Why is he open all the time? Why the seperation? Why so much yardage after the catch?.......Why are the Rams going to the Super Bowl?....... The list is endless........ Bottom line.....He's the best all around football player

• Options

Yes....COOPER KUPP is the league MVP!.......That's all there is to it.

• Options

Take the blinders off boys......he's not a Patriot, not an Eagle, not a Bill,...not a Packer, not even a Cowboy........He's a Ram...try to FORGET that part. I know it's difficult, but just try to do it......and then, if you can, look at what is in front of your very own eyes.......the OBVIOUS!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be a shame if Aaron Rodgers gets it over him.

The NFL needs to put some serious credibility into this MVP award and do the right thing.

Give it to Kupp

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mr Kupp is an amazing WR. the best playing today for sure. but lets not get crazy with recency bias here. there is no way in the world he is the best all around football player ever. there were 2 way beasts who played in the past. lets not forget Jim Brown. the most dominant player at his position ever.

this is a massive outlier season for Kupp. at age 28, this is only his 2nd 1000 yard season. let us not anoint him the 2nd coming of jerry rice just yet...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    Mr Kupp is an amazing WR. the best playing today for sure. but lets not get crazy with recency bias here. there is no way in the world he is the best all around football player ever. there were 2 way beasts who played in the past. lets not forget Jim Brown. the most dominant player at his position ever.

this is a massive outlier season for Kupp. at age 28, this is only his 2nd 1000 yard season. let us not anoint him the 2nd coming of jerry rice just yet...

Other than Mr. and Mrs Hydrant I don’t think anyone else is saying he is the best football player ever. He is having a true MVP season and should be named that for this season.

• Options
    edited February 1, 2022 4:47PM

@perkdog said:
    >

Other than Mr. and Mrs Hydrant I don’t think anyone else is saying he is the best football player ever. He is having a true MVP season and should be named that for this season.

Perky....you leave The Lovely Mrs Hydrant out of this......her favorite of all time is that old bald fat washed up Steeler QB. She still stalks him....you can't believe the number of pictures she took of him at the Ram/Niner game. It's sick......I have lived with it FOREVER! She refers to him as "My Boyfriend."..... She's his last remaining groupie......she disappears whenever he's around!.....the family gets worried when she doesnt get to her seat until midway into the second quarter, but I know where she is! I think she must have seen D.D.'s racy photos of him when she was a kid! .......but.......I stand by my conviction....... Kupp is the best ALL AROUND player EVER! EXAMPLE.....Aaron Donald has been begging to get a running assignment...... Just one!......But when the Rams were in trouble Sunday night.......they put Kupp at running back.....it saved them......he's the Best Ever! Take it to the bank!

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

It is simply amazing that when they look at wide receivers at draft time, the only thing they talk about is 40 time. Maybe also how they do on 50-50 balls. They just don't think that someone who runs slower can make it. Well guys, think again!!! I'm an Eagles fan and I've watched this guy play game after game and am simply amazed at how this guy gets open every play! Every single play!!! How does he run by guys covering him who are faster than he is! By far, the best route runner I've ever seen. His hands must have JackTatum-like stick-em built into his palms. QB's always get the MVP, and Brady with his retirement will probably win, but the real MVP this year is Mr. Kupp. Just an absolute amazing year. He gets my vote.

• Options

I just now finished watching the Ram/Niner game. Tuesday night. Had it taped. Anyway,..... Kupp is unbelievable! OMG! MVP!

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@perkdog said:
    >

Perky....you leave The Lovely Mrs Hydrant out of this......her favorite of all time is that old bald fat washed up Steeler QB. She still stalks him....you can't believe the number of pictures she took of him at the Ram/Niner game. It's sick......I have lived with it FOREVER! She refers to him as "My Boyfriend."..... She's his last remaining groupie......she disappears whenever he's around!.....the family gets worried when she doesnt get to her seat until midway into the second quarter, but I know where she is! I think she must have seen D.D.'s racy photos of him when she was a kid! .......but.......I stand by my conviction....... Kupp is the best ALL AROUND player EVER! EXAMPLE.....Aaron Donald has been begging to get a running assignment...... Just one!......But when the Rams were in trouble Sunday night.......they put Kupp at running back.....it saved them......he's the Best Ever! Take it to the bank!

Hahaha I apologize about mentioning the lovely Mrs Hydrant, I thought she was a Kupp girl!

🍻

• Options

Kupp also set a record in the playoffs with 33 catches. A season for the ages

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

Might want to give Matt Stafford some credit here as well. 191 times Matt threw the ball his way.

Kupp reminds me a lot of Adam Thielen of the Vikings.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    He is the best all around football player I have ever seen in my life. Why is he open all the time? Why the seperation? Why so much yardage after the catch?.......Why are the Rams going to the Super Bowl?....... The list is endless........ Bottom line.....He's the best all around football player

You apparently never watched Jerry Rice, and in the good ole days you should have seen Steve Largent create open space (but he mostly could not run once he caught it). But CK is very good and was impressive in the SB. He clearly is the best receiver in the game this year.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@craig44 said:

Might want to give Matt Stafford some credit here as well. 191 times Matt threw the ball his way.

He is better than Thielen in their primes both of them. Thielen was better when Keenum was throwing to him.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

Clearly Kupp had the best season of all time at wide out when you factor in the regular season and playoffs. Looking forward to see how he plays the next 5-7 years.

m

• Options
    edited February 14, 2022 5:16PM

@spacehayduke said:

@Hydrant said:

You apparently never watched Jerry Rice, and in the good ole days you should have seen Steve Largent create open space (but he mostly could not run once he caught it). But CK is very good and was impressive in the SB. He clearly is the best receiver in the game this year.

Best, SH

Well, Spacey......as a matter of fact I watched Jerry Rice many times....up close and personal...... he gave me one of his game jerseys..... I gave that jersey to my favorite bank teller on the Eve of her Super Bowl party a couple of years ago when the 49ers played the Chiefs(?)......she is a big Niner fan! Ah.....the kiss I got! 😍 And.......As far as Largent is concerned......he was the main target of my buddy Jim Zorn, alum of the Cal Poly Broncos!!..... football and track.....I was there too.......hey, I know who Steve Largent is.....watched him many ,many times. Not only was he a great receiver...... he is even a better man. A good guy who has been though personal hell with one of his kids......he faced it like a MAN!....more important than anything he did on the field. FOOTBALL IS JUST A GAME..... NOTHING ELSE......hey,....bottom line...Cooper Kupp had a season FOR THE AGES!......Sometimes it happens...... I don't begrudge him....or compare him to anyone...... HE IS THE BEST ALL AROUND FOOTBALL PLAYER THAT I'VE EVER SEEN!......I think even Jim Thorpe would agree....I do not understand why people are stuck in the past. This is the year 2022. It's not 1990. Jerry Rice doesn't play ball anymore. Move along...... There's A NEW KID IN TOWN!

• Options
    edited February 14, 2022 6:27PM

Stafford was QB in two of these seasons

• Options

@spacehayduke said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@craig44 said:

He is better than Thielen in their primes both of them. Thielen was better when Keenum was throwing to him.

Thielen is a superb football player. Similar to Kupp, he is not the biggest and/or fastest receiver, but they both have the ability to get open and catch just about everything they get their hands on.

I wasn't trying to figure out who was better, but up until this year,_ it was certainly Thielen_. Unfortunately for Adam, he has been paired with a couple of receivers named Diggs and Jefferson who are probably both better than Kupp (and Thielen too) so he doesn't get 200 balls thrown his way in a season.

Not taking anything away from Kupp's fantastic season, just admiring a couple guys who aren't physical freaks of nature and are two superb football players.

By the way Adam was an undrafted free agent walk on. Pretty long odds for a guy like that to become a 2 time pro bowler. He had his best season with Cousins in 2018.

Kupp is poised to blow past Thielen being on a great team with a very good QB and he is the #1 receiver.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Stafford was QB in two of these seasons

I always liked Stafford. He was always a guy who could beat you, unfortunately he played for the Lions.

Now we are seeing a guy who is going to be highly regarded.

Being on a good team sure helps!