Home Sports Talk
Options

He Who Laughs Last.....

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, as usual the Niner fans were out in force last night at the game. SoFi was a Sea of Red. The usual good natured banter by the Niners fans was going on...."Hey, There's more of us here than you guys!" Rams fans hate that. But we just have to live with it. .......Then, late in the fourth quarter something very funny happened......actually it was hilarious! There is a big video screen at SoFi. REALLY BIG. With 2 minutes left in the game, the screen began showing an endless loop of Niner fans on the escalators leaving. Jam packed escalators full of only red jerseys going up and down! It was FUNNY! Ram fans were laughing and shouting WE DID IT!.....THEY'RE LEAVING! The best part is that there was still plenty of time for the Niners to make a comeback. The Niner fans just gave up and left. Oh, the JOY! High fives all around!

HE WHO LAUGHS LAST LAUGHS HARDEST

Comments

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hydrant why doesn't it seem like the Rams fans come out in full force to support their team there? They put a good product on the field there so it can't be that. I remember the last time my Cowboys played there and it sounded like a Cowboys home game. Is it because there's too many other things to do there in LA? This is baffling to me.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2022 8:17PM

@LandrysFedora said:
    Hydrant why doesn't it seem like the Rams fans come out in full force to support their team there? They put a good product on the field there so it can't be that. I remember the last time my Cowboys played there and it sounded like a Cowboys home game. Is it because there's too many other things to do there in LA? This is baffling to me.

Because the team moved to St.Louis...... By doing that they basically lost two generations of the potential upcoming fan base. .....And your right... when the Cowboys play here it IS like a Cowboy home crowd. But it was like that at the 1977(?) Championshp Game between the Cowboys and Rams. I was there with my pretty teenage date who was later to become the MRS. LOVELY YOU KNOW WHO! It was the same a few years ago here at a playoff game between the Rams/Cowboys. Same for any game..... the visiting team crowd always seems to outnumber the Rams fans and they are much more enthusiastic! It's ALWAYS been that way.....and yes....there are so many things to do here especially during football season. It most parts of the country, winter time is WINTER!....people stay inside and watch football..... But here it's different. Winter is the best weather. Winter around here is when people get out and go! So many options!....whatever.....bottom line...L.A. is not a football town.....never has been.....probably never will be. Oh, well........it is what it is.....

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2022 8:37PM

We have TONS of Latino Cowboy fans that live in LA. It's the same in Chicago or Pasadena or NJ etc for a USA v Mexico soccer match. Pro Mexico crowds.

Part of the other issue myself included is that I don't want to give up an entire Sunday for a game. There are just so many other things I'd rather be doing for 6-7 hours all in.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......