Home Sports Talk
Options

The official Super Bowl LVI thread

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the official Super Bowl LVI thread, for the next two weeks we will cover the biggest game of the year, the storylines, the players, the halftime show, the odds, the food, the parties, the booze, if you want to talk about Super Bowl LVI, this is the place to be!

Comments

• Options
    edited January 31, 2022 3:49AM

Finally they get a halftime show that's worth watching, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, and Mary J. Blige.

• Options

As far as the game goes, I like the Bengals to win, I think Joe Burrow is just on fire right now, the Bengals went into Tennessee and beat the Titans, went into Kansas City and beat the Chiefs, they should be able to handle the Rams.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2022 5:25AM

@doubledragon said:

Finally they get a halftime show that's worth watching, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, and Mary J. Blige.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Looks like Rams opened as 4 point favorites

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

If one of the UGA Rams win SB mvp that will make UGA the college with the most different SBMVP players at 4. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m a Cincy fan until the off-season.

I won’t be disappointed if Stafford gets a ring though

• Options

You want a Super Bowl snack, here you go, check this puppy out!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's lowest seeded SB ever. The two number #4's. I like it

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    You want a Super Bowl snack, here you go, check this puppy out!

I gained 10 pounds just looking at it.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

If you decide to drink and go to a party, please don't do anything stupid.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

m

What a joke..... When there were 8 teams remaining in the playoffs, the Rams were ranked #8 and the Niners #7. It's clearly biased against the California teams. We all know that. It's A standing joke. California.... the place everyone loves to hate. It's funny. The two best teams in the league played last night....the #7 Niners and the lowly #8 Rams. The Rams are in reality the #1 team......have been all season. Like the kid said, "Like it or lump it."

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

What a joke..... When there were 8 teams remaining in the playoffs, the Rams were ranked #8 and the Niners #7. It's clearly biased against the California teams. We all know that. It's A standing joke. California.... the place everyone loves to hate. It's funny. The two best teams in the league played last night....the #7 Niners and the lowly #8 Rams. The Rams are in reality the #1 team......have been all season. Like the kid said, "Like it or lump it."

The seedings were based off of actual records. They were only 7 teams in each conference. If the Rams would have beat the Niners inweek 18 the Rams would have been the #2 seed and SF doesn't make the playoffs at all. Glad it turned out the way it did.

1) GB
    2) TB
    3) Dallas
    4) LAR
    5) Arizona
    6) SF
    7) Phil

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

And now, a live look at Aaron Rodgers....

• Options

^^^^

• Options

I still remember that Super Bowl halftime show with Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake, and the famous wardrobe "malfunction", those were good times. 🤔

• Options
    edited January 31, 2022 1:07PM

Of course, Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth will be calling the Super Bowl, and I know this game will be emotional for Cris Collinsworth because he used to be a Cincinnati Bengal and played in the Super Bowl for the Bengal. I'm looking forward to seeing a Super Bowl Collinsworth slide.

• Options

This thread is fun, I love working a Super Bowl thread, I feel like a dog on a waterslide!

• Options

I wonder whatever happened to the Bud Bowl?

Budweiser vs Bud Light, for the championship!

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭

I tried watching both games this weekend but they didn't interest me at all. Once the Super Bowl is over we can all get to Nascar and then baseball will hopefully get their differences settled so we can have games to watch 7 days a week.

• Options

I was poking around places I shouldn't be, and I ran across this photo of Tom Brady after his first Super Bowl victory, man it seems like just yesterday I was watching that Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl. I remember the Rams were the favorite to win.

• Options

This is what I'm looking forward to on Super Bowl Sunday, chili.

• Options

I hope the Rams are better in this Super Bowl than they were a few years back against the Patriots. How many points did they score, 3? It's fitting that it was Super Bowl LIII, because they got the L and the III right.

• Options

The Rams better be ready because Joe Burrow is a confident guy, back in 2020 he said he's going to become the GOAT.

• Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭

This should be good.
    Are the Bengals really favorites?
    I want to put some money on LA

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options

@rooksmith said:
    This should be good.
    Are the Bengals really favorites?
    I want to put some money on LA

I believe the Rams are actually favored by 3.5 points.

• Options
    edited January 31, 2022 6:19PM

@doubledragon said:
    I hope the Rams are better in this Super Bowl than they were a few years back against the Patriots. How many points did they score, 3? It's fitting that it was Super Bowl LIII, because they got the L and the III right.

I was there at that Super Bowl. The Rams were getting payback from the refs for the terrible pass interference call that the refs made in the Saints/Rams game that put the Rams in the Super Bowl. It should have been Saints/Patriots. That's coming from a Ram fan......but the Saints got screwed. The Rams didn't stand a chance. Every good thing they did was flaged and called back.....the Rams were the better team......it didn't matter. The fix was in for the Pats. Ever since that game I don't trust the refs......sorry.....that's just how I see it. The Saints got screwed on a bad call........the Rams have been paying the price ever since.....there was an owner meeting the following year to discuss the crap as* calls the refs were making against the Rams..
    Look it up. That's why the Rams are the most disaplined team in the league..... fewest penalty calls....they have to be ....Go Rams!

• Options

But.....the folks in Atlanta for that game were great.....SOUTHERN CHARM!

• Options
    edited January 31, 2022 6:33PM

For the Rams to win the Super Bowl....... They have to STOMP the Bengals so there's no question about it......if the game is close.....Bengals will win.....just like every Ram/Cowboy game forever. That's the way it is. The Rams and their fans know the score , the BIG, BIG...NFL fan base is back EAST. They want the win and they'll get it unless the Rams DOMINATE the game......bank on it!!!

• Options

This thread has been a blast today, more to come tomorrow!

• Options

Super Bowl FLASH!!!......I just called my secret inside source concerning my previous post about the Rams being the least penalized team in the NFC...his response..... "The Bengals are the least penalized team in the AFC!"..... so.....secret inside source says that, and I quote, " The game should go by really fast.". Exact quote..... meaning that If the game drags on its because the viewers need to be treated to more, and more pizza and insurance advertising! ........Who would have thought???? We shall see......Anyway,.....I like that Burrow kid........Go Rams!.......Go Bengals!

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

All games were exciting and very enjoyable. To not enjoy this kind of comeback/brilliant plays and never ending drama means you need to be watching something else.

@tommyrusty7 said:
    I tried watching both games this weekend but they didn't interest me at all. Once the Super Bowl is over we can all get to Nascar and then baseball will hopefully get their differences settled so we can have games to watch 7 days a week.

Everyone here is still pumped from having watched some of the greatest football we've ever seen. How on earth could you not get into these games ? If you didn't like the games, why post about it at all? The Bengals comeback was incredible.

If you don't care for the excitement of the Super Bowl with two superb teams playing, why try to trash it by writing "when the Super Bowl is over we can all get to Nascar and then baseball". I won't be part of the "we can", because I pretty much think NASCAR is a big waste of time going around a track for 5 hours.

As for baseball, you have read many of my posts and I'll post along the way. Mega-millionaires playing a kid's game for 3 hours for obscene pay. I've lost a lot of interest in the game.

• Options

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Man, my thoughts exactly.

m

• Options

And now a word from our sponsor.

The official Super Bowl LVI thread is brought to you by Tom Brady, the father of the Super Bowl.

• Options
    edited February 1, 2022 3:48AM

Aaron Donald is certainly looking forward to another chance to get a ring, it will be interesting to see if that Rams defense with Aaron Donald and Von Miller can get to Joe Burrow.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like Cincy to win it

• Options

Alas, my wife has just informed me that our coffee maker seems to be malfunctioning. Bosh, I have no time for such petty happenings, I have a Super Bowl thread to operate, from my spaceship, in my secret headquarters!

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    All games were exciting and very enjoyable. To not enjoy this kind of comeback/brilliant plays and never ending drama means you need to be watching something else.

@tommyrusty7 said:

Everyone here is still pumped from having watched some of the greatest football we've ever seen. How on earth could you not get into these games ? If you didn't like the games, why post about it at all? The Bengals comeback was incredible.

If you don't care for the excitement of the Super Bowl with two superb teams playing, why try to trash it by writing "when the Super Bowl is over we can all get to Nascar and then baseball". I won't be part of the "we can", because I pretty much think NASCAR is a big waste of time going around a track for 5 hours.

As for baseball, you have read many of my posts and I'll post along the way. Mega-millionaires playing a kid's game for 3 hours for obscene pay. I've lost a lot of interest in the game.

I love Nascar and baseball. Cant stand basketball or even hockey anymore. I do like to watch the Patriots and Tampa Bay as long as Brady is there but if he retires I will only watch the Patriots. I guess it comes down to your personal choices. Football is ok to watch if I have nothing else to do but it does not excite me personally and their salaries are pretty high too.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

@tommyrusty7 said:

I love Nascar and baseball. Cant stand basketball or even hockey anymore. I do like to watch the Patriots and Tampa Bay as long as Brady is there but if he retires I will only watch the Patriots. I guess it comes down to your personal choices. Football is ok to watch if I have nothing else to do but it does not excite me personally and their salaries are pretty high too.

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT! This is the "official Super Bowl LVI thread", NOT the personal likes or dislikes of you, me, or anyone else on the boards. 99.9999% of the posters in this thread thoroughly enjoyed the recent football games, all were exciting and thrilling to watch, classics, really. Why on earth would you chime in with your comments? NOBDOY cares that you love Nascar and baseball, nor that you can't stand basketball or hockey, or if Brady retires that you'll only watch the Pats...NOBODY!

Why don't you start a new thread about how you feel about certain sports? Easy to do.

WE are all excited about the upcoming Super Bowl, the Bengals, first time in 35 years and you don't find Joe Burrow or Matthew Stafford exciting quarterbacks? WOW!!

• Options

Yes, and speaking of Cooper Kupp, the Bengals defense better have a game plan on how to try and contain him, he's been on absolute fire this season, and has continued his reign of terror in the playoffs.

• Options

Enjoy it! I will probably watch it as long as it is not too one sided as I have no interest in either team.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I wonder whatever happened to the Bud Bowl?

Budweiser vs Bud Light, for the championship!

Give it time,in this day and age where we have legalized weed I'm sure that we'll see another Bud Bowl soon enough.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

With this halftime show a 'bud bowl' definitely would have a green light.

• Options
    charliej2356charliej2356 Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

In checking out the regular-season stats, I noticed that the Bengals and the Rams scored the exact same number of points (460 points). They each had almost the exact same number of points scored against them. Wow, pretty incredible.

• Options

Of course, we have to give a big shout out to Urban Meyer, who provided us with plenty of laughter this season, tough break Urbs.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Of course, we have to give a big shout out to Urban Meyer, who provided us with plenty of laughter this season, tough break Urbs.

Urb & Smokey would be the perfect pair to call the game for that new Bud Bowl. ;)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Urb & Smokey would be the perfect pair to call the game for that new Bud Bowl. ;)

You know Urb is bringing the strippers! ;)

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

I just wonder what the odds were for a Bengals-Rams super bowl in pre season? Had to be more than 1000-1 I would think!

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I like Cincy to win it

That's o.k. with me too! I really don't care about the Super Bowl. I see it as a glorified Pro Bowl. Of course I would like the Rams to win......but that Burrow kid is very good. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bengals win. Cincinnati is a GREAT underdog story this season. Who couldn't like that! A good Super Bowl game would cap off a fantastic playoff year.......the games (except the Bucs/ Eagles) have all been so good! The NFL is back!......GO RAMS!.....GO BENGALS!