Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Trade: Antique doll and carriage for your certified gold/silver

I’m going to try this here before putting it up on ebay because I’m more interested in a Trade than the cash, and shipping would likely go a lot smoother. The antique doll and carriage was my great grandmother’s (born in Italy, 1871) and has been in my family ever since. It’s mine now and I don’t really have the space for it, or the inclination to collect antique dolls. I’ve managed to get a little bit of information on it from researching and messaging with those in the Antique Doll community, but I’ve come to a couple of dead ends. The doll and carriage are period correct (1860-70’s) and are of German origin but they were likely purchased separately and not as a “set”. The doll has a bisque head and “sleepy eye’s” (see pics) which are also period correct. She also has her original clothing. However, there is no maker’s mark other than the model number (4 ½). The top of the carriage was repaired in the 1980’s with a replacement leather top and fringe. The rest of the carriage is original. As was related to me… the origin of this doll was that it was likely put together at a small toy store either in Italy or Germany from German parts.
Dolls of this vintage appear to range from $1500 to $3000 or more, depending upon the maker and the model number. Carriages are about the same. I’m looking to trade for certified (PCGS or NGC) gold and/or silver US coins at $2500 in valuation for the set (carriage and doll). PM me if interested. Best, Leo

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Comments