Home Sports Talk

Troy Aikman leaving Fox?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 30, 2022 9:59AM in Sports Talk

There are rumors about Troy Aikman leaving Fox to join Amazon, Joe Buck was asked about it.

Joe Buck Was Asked About The Troy Aikman Rumors

Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Erin Andrews have formed one of the top broadcasting teams in all of sports for several years now.

Sunday could be their final game together.

Buck, Aikman and Andrews are set to call the NFC Championship Game between the Los Angeles Rams and the San Francisco 49ers. This could be Aikman’s final game with the network.

Aikman, who has been with FOX for roughly 20 years, is being pursued by Amazon. While Aikman could choose to stay with FOX – or work for both outlets – it’s possible he will leave this offseason.

Buck was asked by Sports Illustrated’s Jimmy Traina about the rumors.

“I try not to,” Buck said when asked if he thinks about the possibility, “because it’s been 20 years and I can honestly say, I have never had one moment where we have felt like, at least I haven’t, and we talk about it all the time, we’re just lucky we’re good friends.

In this business with as much as there is on the line, at least in our own minds, every time we go on, and this business can be kind of backstabby and everyone’s climbing over one another to make things happen for themselves, he and I have never played that game.

He’s legitimately one of my best friends and I think he would say the same about me, so I try not to think about it. And we talk about it. We talk about what’s out there and we talk about what he’s deciding between and everything else. I only ask questions and talk about it to a point because that’s his life. That’s his career. He knows how I feel. I don’t want him going anywhere and that’s understood. But at the end of the day, he’s gonna do what he wants to do.”

Andrews has also weighed in on the rumors, admitting that she does not want their broadcasting team to break up.

Hopefully the Rams vs. 49ers game is a good one, at least.

Kickoff is set for 6:30 p.m. E.T. on FOX.

Comments

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like Aikman. I think that makes me special..... lonely.... but special.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you ever happen to be passing through Henryetta, Oklahoma, drop by the football stadium. They have a really nice bronze plaque there in honor of their hometown boy hero....Troy Aikman. Great destination for a fun family outing! .....Also.....is it just me or does anyone else see a resemblance between Troy Aikmen and Mickey Mantle? Something about that East Oklahoma/Arkansas thing?

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually like Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, I've gotten used to them over the years, and they were great calling the national hot dog eating contest!

Yes, it would be sad to see them go their seperate ways, they work really well together, they were great calling shark week!

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like Aikman. I would be a little sad if he moved on. just part of the Sunday afternoon soundtrack

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks for the memories troy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYPiyTgkPyM

@galaxy27 said:
    thanks for the memories troy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYPiyTgkPyM

And Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are very fan friendly, I remember when they participated in Moe Howard appreciation day at a game!

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    If you ever happen to be passing through Henryetta, Oklahoma, drop by the football stadium. They have a really nice bronze plaque there in honor of their hometown boy hero....Troy Aikman. Great destination for a fun family outing! .....Also.....is it just me or does anyone else see a resemblance between Troy Aikmen and Mickey Mantle? Something about that East Oklahoma/Arkansas thing?

Our corporate office is in Tulsa and pass through there a few times a year.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard his replacement is going to be Antonio Brown.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...