Home Sports Talk

Based on SB history, odds are against the Rams

spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 30, 2022 7:29AM in Sports Talk

I just realized this, only one team in over 50 SB's has been a host team. TB last year. So history is against a team hosting the SB ignoring all other variables. Maybe SF does have a chance......

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...

Comments

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope Springs Eternal.

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2022 9:27PM

Actually, the Rams played in the 1980 Super Bowl against the Steelers, in the Rose Bowl. It wasn't their home stadium, as they played at the LA Colisseum, but it was in Los Angeles.

Steve

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2022 8:48PM

@SDSportsFan said:
    Actually, the Rams played in the 1980 Super Bowl against the Steelers, in the Rose Bowl. It wasn't their home stadium, as they played at the LA Colisseum, but it was in Los Angeles.

It's interesting that the Los Angeles Rams have now been to two Super Bowls, both being played in Los Angeles.

Steve

They lost in Atlanta in 2019. Maybe I read this wrong

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2022 9:28PM

@Justacommeman said:

@SDSportsFan said:

It's interesting that the Los Angeles Rams have now been to two Super Bowls, both being played in Los Angeles.

Steve

They lost in Atlanta in 2019. Maybe I read this wrong

m

Geez, you're right.

I didn't remember the Rams had already been to a Super Bowl since going back to LA.

Steve

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2022 10:54PM

Odds....smodds.....the Rams are the best team in the league! Sorry ....but it's just the way it is.....you can't wish it away...... no matter how hard you try......It is what it is......SECOND BEST TEAM?......NINERS!!!! The BIG GAME was played tonight at SOFI!!!!!....The Super Bowl is an after thought at this point! You had to be there! The house was ROCKIN'!!!! Rams fans...Niner fans.......mutual LOVE FEST!!!!! .........YOU HAD TO BE THERE!!!!!.......I LOVE L.A......