Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Your worst "lost in the mail" experience

Last year after the holidays and Covid struggles with personnel missing from delivery services I bought an Ichiro bowman chrome refractor RC for over 7 k and never received it ~ got bailed out by my Amex b/c there was no signature confirmation from FEDEX despite it being a sig. confirm delivery... they lied and said it was delivered. ALWAYS get a sig. confirmation. I wish I had the card instead of the loot.

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had a PSA supersize sub returned to me years ago with a hole in the outer box and 1/3 of the contents “missing.” Most of the items were my friend’s and we both had items in there that were irreplaceable. Still bothers me.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2022 4:29PM

Back in 2015 my condo had a rash of packages stolen. Took this picture from Ebay and filed a police report but it was never found. Was really upset because finding a PSA 8 or SGC 88 centered on both the front and back was not easy. Looked for listings on EBay for about 6 months and it never showed up. Took the loss on this one because it was not the post office or senders fault. Building installed cameras and it fixed the issue.

May have come out ahead - rebought it eventually in a PSA 9 and it has gone up far more than the loss of the SGC 88.

If it surfaced today would not say anything. It has probably changed hands a few times and whomever owns it now is not responsible.

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

I had a package a while back including a 71 Topps Bradshaw PSA 7 marked as delivered. Not in my mailbox, not in my manager's office. Called the post office to ask our delivery guy about it and he said "no one was home so I put in your barbeque grill outside your door". I don't own one but my neighbor does.....there it sits.......pathetic.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first sub to PSA disappeared. About a month later I got my address label cut from the box shipped back to me from the Los Angeles post office.

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many years ago, I bought a 2012-13 Silver Prizm Finalists insert Kevin Garnett. I already had the base and green version and that would have been card 3 out of the 4 made(the other being the Gold/10) and the seller in error switched that card with another he sold the same day apparently. I received a Star Wars card that I do not even remember right now and the other person that should have received that card got mine. I sent mine back to the seller...the other person did not. :'( And now the KG card is probably way above my willing price to pay "if" it even becomes available. I have not seen one offered since.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:

May have come out ahead - rebought it eventually in a PSA 9 and it has gone up far more than the loss of the SGC 88.

If it surfaced today would not say anything. It has probably changed hands a few times and whomever owns it now is not responsible.

If I remember correctly, you bought the PSA 9 from me.
    James

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2022 6:58PM

All 14 of these covers, lost by FedEx in June 2019. Thankfully, the seller refunded the $819 I spent on them, back to me.

It still burns my butt that these were lost/stolen, as they are irreplaceable, and I still want them!

Steve

• Options

If I remember correctly, you bought the PSA 9 from me.
    James

Yes I did James! It is a beauty.

• Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options

Stinks to see some of these irreplaceable items lost.