Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Heritage Auction last night...

13»

Comments

• mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2022 7:12PM

It was an outfield play in Oakland that was so sad to watch since he was such a great centerfielder…

mint_only_pls
  • brad31brad31 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2022 9:42PM

Tim and Monte, thanks for the insight on the Mays play. Have his ‘74 card from the ‘73 World Series which I love because many don’t know it exists and think his ‘73 is his last card. Like the subset because there is a Mays, a Fingers and a Jackson in it.

• gorilla glue 4gorilla glue 4 Posts: 141 ✭✭✭✭

@MisterTim1962 said:

Blyleven is in the top three pitchers of his approximate era.

Not by a long shot. Ever hear of Bob Gibson, Fergie Jenkins, Jim Palmer, Steve Calton, Gaylord Perry, Don Sutton and so on? Blyleven was mediocre, at best. Lifetime record of 287-250. Perfect example of a mediocre pitcher.

How much did it sale for is one of the funniest and most ignorant things I've ever heard.

• lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭✭
  • lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭✭

@MisterTim1962 said:
    Just trying to warn people here. I collected in the late 1980's when everyone was "investing" in baseball cards. I saw how the market crashed and burned and just hate to see people "investing" in cards again. They will crash and burn once again. Bet on it.

Thanks for the 80s warning ..i was born in the 90s

• 1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are still many cards that are underpriced for various reasons.

1970's Hostess cards are far, far, far more rare than Topps cards. Hostess is already very popular, but there is still plenty of room in those cards, especially high grade ones....and complete boxes. High grade doesn't mean they have to be graded, just simply the ones that are uncreased and unscratched, with good registration.

• 1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

1978 Hostess Murray rookie card. Far more rare than Topps or OPC. I would say more attractive too. Here it is in its natural habitat. Complete Full box.

Finding a high grade one is impossible. They are often scratched, print lines, awful registration, etc... Heck, finding any are hard enough. Ebay only has two cut Murray's
    listed, and one panel right now. Thats it!