Home Sports Talk
Options

Perkdog's world very soon

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

This will be Perkdog tomorrow night enjoying balmy New England day.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uhhk you would be correct Al, I’m on call for the entire weekend and will be dealing with piles of this crap.

I’m also hearing 40+ mph winds which should be a nice addition lol

I will make sure I get some good pics and maybe a few of myself for you guys to get some good laughs over 👍🏼👍🏼

⛄️ ❄️ 💨 🌬 🌧

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

we are bracing for this crap up in Maine as well. we are all stocked up on potato chips and pepsi, so i think we are all set!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

We're getting 1 to 2 inches down here from this storm, you know what that means.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭✭

That storm came through here a couple of days ago but we have a wind tunnel ( Interstate 40 )going through the mountains that keeps the snow form Albuquerque in most cases. It provided plenty of snow in the mountains but we did not get a flake here. I love the snow in the mountains as it is beautiful and I don't have to own a snow shovel.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    We're getting 1 to 2 inches down here from this storm, you know what that means.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

@doubledragon said:

That's what its like in Georgia. You wouldn't believe the people that send in videos to the local news station that get shown on air. Decks with so little snow that you can seen more deck than snow...it goes on and on. Most would not easily survive what Perkdog and Craig44 are about to get.

Post pics!!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

The weather here is perfect right now. In the low seventies, clear. Work outside on the ranch until late afternoon shirtless. Soaking up vitamin D. Doesn't get any better.

• Options

This is my shovel, there are many like it but this one is mine….

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Hate state of Connecticut will see significant snow but I was in MD for a 20” snowfall followed the next night by 6”. also there for snowmageddon. This will only be significant due to the winds. The private plow guys will be happy finally getting real snow for real money.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    The Hate state of Connecticut will see significant snow but I was in MD for a 20” snowfall followed the next night by 6”. also there for snowmageddon. This will only be significant due to the winds. The private plow guys will be happy finally getting real snow for real money.

A couple people I know are licking their chops hoping for a good payday, it’s been tough for guys relying on income from plowing

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember l993 in Beantown where it just would not stop snowing. And we had a Nor'easter that March 'Blizzard of '93'.... Whole damn town was buried, hard to slog to work over the Harvard bridge, all of the smoots markers were buried in 3 feet of that wet heavy snow that only New England can make!

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wind started whipping here in the ATL burbs....just chock fulled ourselves with sushi/rolls so we should be good tonight with cocktails and dreams in line

• Options

Woke up to a lot less snow than I thought, it’s windy as hell. The bulk of it is supposed to hit between 8am and 4pm here.

My drive to work…

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Call me if it really snows. Blizzard of ‘77 shut down the New York Freeway for 5 days. Underpasses were piled with snow up to the bridge. People were found in their cars 2 weeks later. The snow they piled in the parks finally completely melted in August. People walked by my studio apartment on the second floor.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Make sure the roof is clear (sewer vents too).

• Options

We got slammed here a half hour north of ATL.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DrBuster said:
    We got slammed here a half hour north of ATL.

You will rebuild

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

I dunno, it's bad, don't think the jeep can get through it. HA

• Options
    edited January 29, 2022 8:06AM

Getting close to White out conditions, it’s picking up

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

North Andover hasn't been hit hard yet with maybe an inch or two at most. It looks worse than it actually is.

• Options

Newburyport is starting to get crushed, but in various spots due to the wind.

I’m getting paid OT for snow removal all day at the company I work at

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2022 9:16AM

Stay safe out there - especially you folks in Georgia (haha)!

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

67f today. Spending the entire day worrying about Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady's future.

Stay safe on the Eastern seaboard.

Have a nice day
  • Options

@flcardtrader said:
    Stay safe out there - especially you folks in Georgia (haha)!

Well, conditions where I live...between Augusta and Atlanta, are brutal. Bight sun, blue sky, and 37 degrees. I'm not sure we'll get through this, but we're hunkered down and hoping for the best. B) Looks like 2deuces got plowed out ok, wow, huge snow banks. Folks up north got up early and shoveled out. Wait till Perkdog comes by with his monstah snow truck and helps you out.

They actually showed a light snow flurry in NW GA this AM on tv. When the word "snow" is used in any weather forecast here, there is always an overreaction. I seriously doubt that many would survive without total panic where I used to live in MA, which is pretty much ground zero for the worst of it. Perk will keep us posted, I'm sure.

• Options

I used to love the snow in Mass when I lived there.
    I owned 2 snowmobiles and spent lots of time on Mt Washington and other areas like Arcadia Nat Pk.
    It was great scenery there as the road was open to snowmobiles and skiers.

• Options

• Options

Well me and my boss each got to spend $25 for food and everything was closed EXCEPT Market Basket so we pooled our money and got a couple pounds of fresh Haddock, a New England favorite. Got some seafood bread crumbs to cover it and here we go, it’s Lunch time.

• Options

Nothing like fresh haddock . I do miss the seafood!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Well me and my boss each got to spend $25 for food and everything was closed EXCEPT Market Basket so we pooled our money and got a couple pounds of fresh Haddock, a New England favorite. Got some seafood bread crumbs to cover it and here we go, it’s Lunch time.

I love haddock, but I hate fish. If that makes sense. It's the best

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

I love haddock, but I hate fish. If that makes sense. It's the best

I love haddock but don’t like any other white fish so I think I get what your saying brother 👍🏼👍🏼

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

sorry to derail this thread, but perk (stay safe bud!) flashed some fish and i had to go change my tighty-whities. i am all about it.

had some grilled red snapper w/ a creamy lemon garlic butter sauce & sauteed veggies just the other day

when i was done i picked up the table and started shoveling crumbs in my mouth

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    sorry to derail this thread, but perk (stay safe bud!) flashed some fish and i had to go change my tighty-whities. i am all about it.

had some grilled red snapper w/ a creamy lemon garlic butter sauce & sauteed veggies just the other day

when i was done i picked up the table and started shoveling crumbs in my mouth

Outstanding!!!! And the crumbs need to be eaten that is mandatory! If the table cloth, utensils or whatever get in the way then so be it 👍🏼👍🏼

• Options

Home in front of the TV after 9 hours of intermittent shoveling and a very painful
    Groin area. Good times

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Splitting mine up

Will get some indoor exercise later this evening.

It’s all powder so it’s not as difficult as the same amount of wet snow.

As I’m writing this I’m regretting not doing next to the street. That’s going to be blocks of ice tomorrow. I’ve got a metal blade shovel for that but it’s still difficult.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its getting pretty bad here, just looked in my backyard and saw this...

I didn't even know my neighbors had horses. B)

• Options

What!!!?? No vegetables?

Have a nice day
  • Options

@streeter said:
    What!!!?? No vegetables?

I eat a large salad nearly every day with a can of Tuna in olive oil no less. So I get my veggies in trust me.

But for OT and a free lunch from the company it means I’m not stressing about vegetables!

• Options

The doctor recommends tuna once a month max. Mercury toxicity.

Not kidding.

Have a nice day
  • Options

And heavy metals accumulate and are hard to purge from your body.. Cilantro is recommended. For instance.

Have a nice day
  • Options

@streeter said:
    The doctor recommends tuna once a month max. Mercury toxicity.

Not kidding.

I thought something was up with tuna, I probably have it 2-3 times a week. I might have to rethink lunch now. Thank you for the info

• Options

@streeter said:
    And heavy metals accumulate and are hard to purge from your body.. Cilantro is recommended. For instance.

My girlfriends brother in law intakes silver. Says it’s good for you

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Home in front of the TV after 9 hours of intermittent shoveling and a very painful
    Groin area. Good times

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

And the day after

• Options

Cheer up, think baseball is coming soon.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

big snow drifts up in central Maine. on one side of the car I had 2" the other side of the car had snow 1' from the roof. crazy strong winds yesterday. whiteout conditions for sure.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Only one shovel?

• Options

@VikingDude said:

@perkdog said:

Only one shovel?

Hell no, that was just a shiny new toy.

It’s so wide it’s great for pushing snow off the pads in front of the garage doors, as well as the walkways I had to clear at work.

We had basic shovels and snowblowers in action all weekend 👍🏼👍🏼