Home Sports Talk
Options

Should the Bills have squib kicked?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you think, should the Bills have squib kicked the ball, take some time off the clock, here is what Skip Bayless said about it.

Skip Bayless:

"Agree with Nance and Romo that Buffalo should have squib-kicked with 13 seconds left to burn some clock. McDermott blew that. Instead, Mahomes had time to hit Tyreek for 19 and (worse) Kelce for 25, setting up a 48-yard tying field goal."

Comments

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

3 words - Music City Miracle.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 words - Wide Right

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 word - Jambalaya!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

100%. I feel so bad for Bills fans but really the fact that they lost is so absurd the coaches and players on the field deserve it.

Inexcusable loss. Bottom line

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

With KC having 2 timeouts, it was almost a no win situation if your defense cannot make plays.

squib kick may have run some time off, but KC probably would have gotten a shorter field and 1 play.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

imo, this was far worse than the kickoff. look at this defensive alignment. i loved Leslie Frazier back in his playing days when he was a Bear, but this is straight up inexcusable. two Bills aren't even in the picture because they were standing on the warning track in center field for some preposterous reason. bro they are trying to get into field goal range, not score a touchdown. so on a play that decides whether or not the Bills go to the AFC Championship game, Frazier basically played 9 on 11 because two d-backs were completely out of the play. think perhaps #39 could've used some help over there with Kelce, seeing as he was the only Bill on that half of the field? i'm sure Mahomes was salivating.

the title of this screenshot should be "when coaching scared trumps situational awareness"

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its funny because if the Bills had squib kicked it and the Chiefs returned it for a touchdown all anybody would
    be saying is why didn't the Bills just kick it into the end zone because 13 seconds isn't enough time to get in field goal range.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2022 3:41PM

@Darin said:
    Its funny because if the Bills had squib kicked it and the Chiefs returned it for a touchdown all anybody would
    be saying is why didn't the Bills just kick it into the end zone because 13 seconds isn't enough time to get in field goal range.

Also true. At the end of day you need to prevent the other team from going 40 yards in 13 seconds. It also eliminates the OT rule discussion as it should never have gotten to that

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll comment once and it’s easy to be a Tuesday morning QB. They should have tackled Hill and Kelse at the line of scrimmage. 5 yard holding penalty. 5 seconds off the clock. Twice. Game over

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hindsight...........

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    I’ll comment once and it’s easy to be a Tuesday morning QB. They should have tackled Hill and Kelse at the line of scrimmage. 5 yard holding penalty. 5 seconds off the clock. Twice. Game over

I agree with this. Though I think that the second one would be a 15 with the newest rules. Either way..