Home Sports Talk
Options

The Rams aren't taking any chances this time

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Rams don't want the 49ers fans getting their hands on tickets to the game, they've put out a notice, LA residents only.

Comments

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2022 12:21PM

I think the Titans put a similar policy in place for their game......didn't help. I don't really agree with it but it's the Rams stadium so they can do what they want to do. The reality of the situation is that the population in the Bay Area is much more wealthy than us slobs down here in what our Northern neighbors kindly refer to as "Dirt Valley"...... so....they out spend us for tickets on the secondary market. Internet. Folks in the Phoenix area are just poor low brow hicks like us SoCal losers so it wasn't a problem for the Cardinal game. Anyway...... I won't miss all those red jerseys or the obnoxious stuck-up creeps that wear them.....TAKE THAT NINER FANS!!!!!!.......GAME ON!!!!!!

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would think the commissioner would have something to say about this.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ticketmaster sucks so bad. You can't even give someone your ticket now w/o going through their system. I used to be able to shoot a pic of a barcode to let folks use my season tix, now everyone has to go through their stupid app.

• Options
    edited January 26, 2022 9:56AM

@DrBuster said:
    Ticketmaster sucks so bad. You can't even give someone your ticket now w/o going through their system.

I don't know how it is for other teams, but the Rams no longer even have tickets in the normal sense. Its all done on cell phones. No actual ticket. Even the the parking passes are on the cell phone. The cell phone is scanned at the entrances. It's a screwed up mess for me because I don't have a cell phone. Three times this season I stayed out in the parking lot after the rest of the family went inside. I was getting extra fortified for the game. If you know what I mean.......Anyway, since I don't have a cell phone, I just walked through the metal detector and went on in without showing my "ticket." After I got inside, nice young man approached me and asked to see my ticket . I told him I didn't have one......He said, "Enjoy the game." And off I went. The other two times the lady who scans the cell phones asked to see my ticket and same thing....... Told her I didn't have one......she said, "Enjoy the game."...........the younger Hydrants can't figure out how I get in without a ticket.......The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant tells them it's because I'm a "Rock Star" and everybody knows me. Hey, sometimes it's good being me!

• Options
    edited January 26, 2022 10:37AM

I hear that the city is also removing homeless encampments from around SoFi. I haven't seen any of them near the stadium but I guess they exist. It would be nice if we could have Championship games and Super Bowls here all year round if that's what it takes to get the powers that be to take some action about the situation. It seems they care more about what the outside world will see and think more than they care about the concerns of the local resident taxpayers. It's really bad, you have to see it to believe it. I hope you never have to.....it's mind -numbing.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2022 11:32AM

For the Super Bowl that was in Detroit they painted the grass green ( dead of winter) along the highways so that when people flew in it would look nicer. They also put up artsy facades on some streets down town to make sure tourists didn't stumble down the "wrong " street

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......