Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

4 Sharp Corners and PWCC

GOBUCKSGOBUCKS Posts: 47 ✭✭
edited February 14, 2022 9:27AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Does anyone else wonder is 4 Sharp Corners is now working with PWCC on auctioning cards on Ebay ?

Comments

• DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

I never thought of the two working together. Has something changed in the 4SC Listings that would indicate some sort of collaboration?

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

i also haven't noticed. any evidence of such?

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• davin72davin72 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    I miss the old 4SC so much. Their inventory is a shell of its former self. 😕

I do too. I think that’s why the had to change their business model and become a consignor cause they can’t send off thousands of cards a month to get graded now.

• GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

I have consigned a decent amount of cards with 4SC the past few months. Overall, happy with the results. Hope they can survive the new ebay authentication process. This will be an added cost to sellers in the near future and is free for now.

• soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

@GOBUCKS said:
    Does anyone else wonder is 4 Sharp Corners is now working with PWCC on auctioning cards on Ebay ?

No. How would PWCC benefit from that?

the new authentication requirements will be quite an added expense for large sellers like 4sc and probstein.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    the new authentication requirements will be quite an added expense for large sellers like 4sc and probstein.

Maybe (probably) I’m misunderstanding something. Aren’t the new authentication requirements for raw cards? And doesn’t 4SC only sell graded cards?

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

@DBesse27 said:

@craig44 said:

Maybe (probably) I’m misunderstanding something. Aren’t the new authentication requirements for raw cards? And doesn’t 4SC only sell graded cards?

I believe that nesc is the raw card division of 4sc. they sell all the raw cards that didn't make the cut. i should have been more specific. i always just think of the two interchangeably.

@craig44 said:

@DBesse27 said:

@craig44 said:

I believe that nesc is the raw card division of 4sc. they sell all the raw cards that didn't make the cut. i should have been more specific. i always just think of the two interchangeably.

Gotcha, thanks!

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• I like 4SC never had a issue with them, and I have won some auctions. They just seem to have a lot of big cards now. PWCC has to be making half of what they where before. Working with another big ebay account to auction off cards thru the backdoor wouldn't be a terrible thing for them. Clearly 4SC came in at the right time for auctions !!

• @DBesse27 said:
    Weird thread. Starts with an odd question out of nowhere and then the OP never follows up.

I just don't live on the internet .....

• davin72davin72 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

@GOBUCKS said:
    I like 4SC never had a issue with them, and I have won some auctions. They just seem to have a lot of big cards now. PWCC has to be making half of what they where before. Working with another big ebay account to auction off cards thru the backdoor wouldn't be a terrible thing for them. Clearly 4SC came in at the right time for auctions !!

4SC had to change their business model to keep making money. They knew they couldn’t get thousands of cards graded every month at these prices so the only thing to do is become a consignor.

• voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

@GOBUCKS said:
    I like 4SC never had a issue with them, and I have won some auctions. They just seem to have a lot of big cards now. PWCC has to be making half of what they where before. Working with another big ebay account to auction off cards thru the backdoor wouldn't be a terrible thing for them. Clearly 4SC came in at the right time for auctions !!

PWCC is not making half of what they were "before."

Trust me.

@craig44 said:

@voxels123 said:

@GOBUCKS said:

Trust me.

I can imagine they are not. couldn't have happened to better "salt of the earth" people. I still don't understand why anyone would choose to do business with them.

This sentiment has been rehashed and restated virtually verbatim ad naseum for quite some time now. The bottom line is that sellers go to PWCC because they get great prices and the cards sell.

If sellers can get more net money somewhere else, they would/will.

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Wow. Just went to their site and noticed 12k+ auctions ending this week.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@voxels123 said:

@GOBUCKS said:

Trust me.

Why should we trust you? For reasons you won’t tell us, I assume?

There is no reason you should trust me. I would like to tell you why you should trust me, but I cannot.

But, you can trust me.

Best wishes.

@voxels123 said:

@craig44 said:

@voxels123 said:

@GOBUCKS said:

Trust me.

I can imagine they are not. couldn't have happened to better "salt of the earth" people. I still don't understand why anyone would choose to do business with them.

This sentiment has been rehashed and restated virtually verbatim ad naseum for quite some time now. The bottom line is that sellers go to PWCC because they get great prices and the cards sell.

If sellers can get more net money somewhere else, they would/will.

do you want to know why this sentiment NEEDS to be "rehashed and restated virtually verbatim ad naseum" until Brent and Betsey leave the card industry?

let me tell you.

there are new people entering the hobby every single day. lots of people. they have no idea about all that has gone on with PWCC. those people should know, don't you think? it should be called from the rooftops every single time PWCC is mentioned.

people have short memories. some things should not be forgotten...

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2022 6:25PM

@craig44 said:

there are new people entering the hobby every single day. lots of people. they have no idea about all that has gone on with PWCC. those people should know, don't you think? it should be called from the rooftops every single time PWCC is mentioned.

people have short memories. some things should not be forgotten...

https://www.sportscardradio.com/gary-moser-pwcc-marketplace-card-trimming-shill-bidding-scam/

Above is a great write-up on PWCC's scandals - you can research and form your own opinion - it details the trimming scandal well and the DiMaggio proof of shill bidding scandal.

MY PERSONAL OPINION: Knowing the facts I will not ever buy again from PWCC. There are so many places we can spend our hobby dollars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f3k5VSqVt4

The above youtube video on "conservation" vs. "alteration" of cards - MY PERSONAL OPINION: don't have to listen very far to see that PWCC plays in what they see as a gray area that most of the hobby sees as taboo.

From CollectorsUniverse Q4 2019 earnings release - causing many to speculate that PWCC at least temporarily was banned as a submitter to PSA

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4288546-collectors-universe-inc-s-clct-ceo-joseph-orlando-on-q4-2019-results-earnings-call-transcript

Unidentified Analyst

Hey guys, thanks for taking the question, real quick about this PWCC and trimming scandal it wasn't clear to me based on the answers to earlier questions. Have you guys noticed a drop off in business from that auction house in particular?

Joseph Orlando

I am not following how do we know that there is a drop-off from that auction house but is better?

Unidentified Analyst

No, no, no I don't think you heard me properly has there been a drop off in business from PWCC since end of May beginning of June?

Joseph Orlando

We could certainly look at the records, but I would say that certainly over the last couple of months there has been I would say virtually no business and I'll leave it at that.

NOTE: All links provided so you can do your own research. My opinions in this post have been labeled as such.

• rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@voxels123 said:
    There is no reason you should trust me. I would like to tell you why you should trust me, but I cannot.

But, you can trust me.

Best wishes.

So you’re a coward or a liar. Got it.

• pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

IN!

@GOBUCKS said:

@DBesse27 said:
    Weird thread. Starts with an odd question out of nowhere and then the OP never follows up.

Living on the internet or not has nothing to do with the odd, unsubstantiated theory with which you started this thread. I’m still wondering why you thought that.

Yaz Master Set

• GOBUCKSGOBUCKS Posts: 47 ✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@GOBUCKS said:

@DBesse27 said:

Living on the internet or not has nothing to do with the odd, unsubstantiated theory with which you started this thread. I’m still wondering why you thought that.

I was asking a question from a thought, like you just said "theory" lol I never said I have proof one way or the other, I was just asking if anyone else had wondered the same thing.

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2022 12:49PM

@voxels123 said:

But, you can trust me.

Best wishes.

ROFL. This guy has been white knighting PWCC since his arrival. He obviously has some connection directly with PWCC and was probably planted here.

Oh dear. The vitriol on here remains as pathetic as it is predictable. I buy and sell from a lot of different venues. I have had great service at a lot of them INCLUDING PWCC.

No need to be petty. (It makes you look desperate.)

This discussion has been closed.