Options

A must read retort!!!

Ellis0425Ellis0425 Posts: 56
edited February 24, 2022 9:30AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Comments

• Options

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the BST for selling coins, are you trying to sell this coin? If so please read the guidelines as you need to include a price. If you are asking questions please post your questions on US coin forum and not clog up the BST.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options

Sorry everything is for sale price is hard to judge can I put make offer?

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best to research the coin, find out the ballpark of what past examples have sold for and then post a reasonable price. Asking for Best Offers only might result in offers that you don't feel comfortable with especially when dealing with esoteric items such as this listing.

K

ANA LM
  • Options

I'm just a poor judge of estimated grade. I don't want to come off as a cheat for thinking to high or to low. Fact is I have tons inherited. I haven't collected since I was a kid. As much as I'd love to I have no time to get back into hobby. Looking to liquidate a few to help with funeral costs. Thanks for your help. And patience

• Options

The PCGS photograding guide (link below) is always a great help. As a side note the coin you have posted will most likely not grade at a TPG due to the rim ding and other damage.

https://pcgs.com/photograde/

K

ANA LM
  • Options

Thanks so much

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

These floating roof cents are more of a novelty than an error. I have more than I need of them. They appear to be in the 69/70/71 year group. How many do want to buy?

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that really a thing ?

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't want to figure out what you might have, there's always the Coinstar. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Not everyone has the time to dedicate to a hobby I thought that's what these forum assisted with that an sharing knowledge. Some of us have jobs and get laid and some are just a- holes falsely making themselves feel momentarily better by putting others down because they have found there own life to be insignificant. Sad really I'll pray for you and the rest of them

• Options
    okiedudeokiedude Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Yikes!

BST with: Oldhobo, commoncents05, NoLawyer, AgentJim007, Bronzemat, 123cents, Lordmarcovan, VanHalen, ajaan, MICHAELDIXON, jayPem and more!
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buh bye

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    CapstickCapstick Posts: 260 ✭✭✭

Wow. That took a turn fast..

• Options

I apologize to those who were innocently affected by my words. However people who suggest ignorance over the sharing of knowledge should be called out for insulting instead of informing the members of there community no matter the forum. I realize this should have been posted on a q and a forum. Coin star comments really! I'm sure there are plenty of thing you may not be an expert at. I needn't repeat myself As I have been warned that bullying is tolerated here so long as condisending remarks don't contain vulgarities. Belittling the less knowledged persons of this site i.e. myself should be covered under freedom of speech . Aswell as firing back regardless of initialed for the sensitive cuss words. buh bye! To you I say good day. To those issuing my warning; here is a warning to you. When one allows themselves to judge another, punish another, and deprive another of ones civil liberties.... Well they open themselves up to revolution. So to all the Karen's , to all that can dish out, but can not take, and to those that think they have the right to take others rights away... I say I will not go quietly into that goodnight!!! Kiss my proud to be American...... reverse!

• Options

Thanks for the repost of my words now we all know who your in bed with. shame on you it's don't ask don't tell remember.

• Options

I don't think on-line forums are a good place for you.

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    okiedudeokiedude Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Lock 'er down :)

BST with: Oldhobo, commoncents05, NoLawyer, AgentJim007, Bronzemat, 123cents, Lordmarcovan, VanHalen, ajaan, MICHAELDIXON, jayPem and more!
  • Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ellis0425 said:
    I apologize to those who were innocently affected by my words. However people who suggest ignorance over the sharing of knowledge should be called out for insulting instead of informing the members of there community no matter the forum. I realize this should have been posted on a q and a forum. Coin star comments really! I'm sure there are plenty of thing you may not be an expert at. I needn't repeat myself As I have been warned that bullying is tolerated here so long as condisending remarks don't contain vulgarities. Belittling the less knowledged persons of this site i.e. myself should be covered under freedom of speech . Aswell as firing back regardless of initialed for the sensitive cuss words. buh bye! To you I say good day. To those issuing my warning; here is a warning to you. When one allows themselves to judge another, punish another, and deprive another of ones civil liberties.... Well they open themselves up to revolution. So to all the Karen's , to all that can dish out, but can not take, and to those that think they have the right to take others rights away... I say I will not go quietly into that goodnight!!! Kiss my proud to be American...... reverse!

First, sorry for your loss. Second, I feel your pain with some of the members that enjoy criticizing and making ridiculous comments.

They truly are bullies and I guess it makes them feel superior but to most of us they are annoying and childish. Do your best to ignore them.

Your best option is to take your inherited coins to a local coin shop in your area and ask them to help you determine what coins are valuable.

After you determine which ones are worth more than face value then you will be able to decide if you want to sell or keep them.

It is best not to sell them immediately to the dealer unless you know them to be trustworthy and honorable.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. 😎

This discussion has been closed.