Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Any fast pitch softball enthusiasts? Ty Stofflet

GeneralJimGeneralJim Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

I have fond memories of my grandfather taking me to games to watch Ty pitch . One of the best I’ve ever seen .

looking for 1988 Fournier estrellas stickers , 1985 Prism Jewel stickers , anything Jesse Owens .

Comments

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GeneralJim said:
    I have fond memories of my grandfather taking me to games to watch him pitch.......

You say "him" like we're all supposed to know who you're talking about. I had to google what I thought the name was based on the auto. By any chance did you post this yesterday because it was the one year anniversary of his death? If so, you could have done him a greater service by including a sentence or two about him (and his name) so that people like me that never heard of him could have at least a small sense of what he was about.

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just read about him based on your post. Seems like he gained quire a bit of notoriety for a player in a sport that does not have a “major” sport following. Cool that have fond memories of seeing him play.

• GeneralJimGeneralJim Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

Thanks Brad , I appreciate the positive comments. I recently rediscovered them in my collection and was a mere coincidence that I posted this on the one year anniversary of his passing . Ty Stofflet was one of if not the greatest softball pitcher most have never heard of.

looking for 1988 Fournier estrellas stickers , 1985 Prism Jewel stickers , anything Jesse Owens .

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2022 12:22AM

Yes, our team was in the national tournament in Springfield, Mo in 1978. We saw him pitch the opening game of the tournament on a Friday night in front of 10,000 people. He pitched a no hitter and struck out 17 of the 21 batters he faced.(7 inning game). He was not a big guy, maybe 5’10” and 175 lbs. They also had a big righthamder who pitched a one hitter their next game. IIRC he played for York barbell. We were the southeast regional champs from SC. Was told he was clocked at 104. Remember he was 15 feet closer than a major leaguer. Almost unhittable, i did get to face Eddie Feigner of King and his Court fame and even bouced one over the fence on him. Those 2 are the best I ever saw pitch, Thanks for posting. Lots of good memories.