Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sat. Evening, a Couple Beers and a couple 1972 Hangers to Rip 1970's Rock Cards Hitmakers Non Sport

thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

Evening,

Got these two Hangers in this week that were purchased to RIP! These are a set of Cards from 1972 that I have always liked the Round design of the Inner Picture. 1972 Hitmakers Trading Cards, 18 per pack, 2 packs!

This set was mainly distributed in Record Stores by Hanger and I assume due to the Bands mostly in California. I remember seeing them in the day in my Tower Record Store in Sacramento, but wasn't into cards then!

PSA has only ever Graded 108 of these with another 8 more I've had sitting there in a sub for over a year!

Its really nice to Rip a 50 year old Pack and not have to worry about Tampering as these would be obvious, No Gum, No Glue.....Just Pristine Cards! The only thing that these 36 cards share that will keep about 5-10 from PSA is due to Centering not being perfect!

Enjoy!

Pack #1, 18 Cards

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love that Billy Preston card. He was awesome

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lou Rawls with a sweet ascot!

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

Evening,

Pack #2, 18 Cards.

First three Cards on top are very creased on the Bottom 1/3, looks mechanical, from loading the Hanger, Next 7-8 cards got some Duplication (36 Card set, to be expected), but then had some Hits, Ike & Tina, Dionne Warwick, Curtis Mayfield, Steppenwolf!

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

I’m assuming that is not a Davy Jones rookie (Monkees?) but that it surely is for the Carpenters!!!

Please let me know. I need to be enlightened.

And I think I need to start saving for my new favorite set!!!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments: Dionne Warwick UER, or did she ever actually spell her name that way? Wow! Look at the pictures! Is the star sign really the key biographical data?

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

Awesome rip!!

• Options
    charlesf20charlesf20 Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

nice selection.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man those are nice!

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options

These cards rule!

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great cards!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:
    Comments: Dionne Warwick UER, or did she ever actually spell her name that way? Wow! Look at the pictures! Is the star sign really the key biographical data?

And I think her actual name is Warrick. It was misspelled on her first album and she just went with it.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

Snowman!