Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 27, 2022 4:59PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Bball

Comments

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Sweet - don't think I have ever seen that Christy before.

Nice pickup!

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    19591959 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

According to the Beckett graded card price guide. It would sell for around 1500.00 it is from a set of 30 . Cobb and Wagner go for a little more.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2022 10:34AM

I want to preface this by saying I don't have my finger on the pulse of this set. There are background color variations and I have no idea if some are more rare than others or if collectors typically go for an example of each.

I did spend some time on VCP. As you probably already know, these cards don't trade frequently. An SGC 20 comes up for sale about once a year with the last few being the same orange example and the one from 2019 being your blue.

Anyone that tells you they can give you an accurate sale price is drinking their own Kool-Aid. If that were mine, depending on how fast I needed the money, I'd put it on eBay with a $10k or B/O and just wait until someone drinks all of their beers.

Either way, that is an awesome card. I used to collect a lot of caramel cards and I seem to remember finding a clean, complete name with the apostrophes on an E98 Matty was difficult. Kudos to you for buying it, buying it at a "high" price at the time (a joke today) and thanks for sharing. Always a good day when you get to lay eyes on a nice Matty like that. Good luck with the sale (or maybe even hang onto it a little longer? It's not going to go down in price).

Arthur

PS: I'm a card guy with a box of coins left to me by my cousin who passed so I may need to pick your brain?