Home Sports Talk

The Jim Harbaugh NFL coaching rumors thread

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is Jim Harbaugh really considering a return to the NFL? There have been some rumors and stories floating around as of late, and we will attempt to follow this developing story as it unfolds.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

One rumor that has the NFL world abuzz, is that the Chicago Bears have reached out fo Jim Harbaugh.

Bears Rumors: Jim Harbaugh, Chicago Had 'Brief' Conversation amid NFL Return Buzz

The Chicago Bears reportedly may have reached out to University of Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh to gauge his interest in returning to the NFL.

Hub Arkush of Pro Football Weekly reported the latest buzz about the Bears' head coaching search Tuesday on NBC Sports Chicago.

"One source—it's not Jim, I've already said I've had some contact with Jim, I didn't ask him and he didn't tell me—but one other source, who is usually pretty good, told me that there was just a brief phone conversation ... between Jim and someone in the organization, which I think may have just been saying 'hi,' may have been trying to read the tea leaves without asking the questions. I don't know, I can't confirm that for certain."

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure fire way to get a huge contract at Michigan is to circulate the rumors himself. 😂😂

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

It wasn’t to long ago the talk was how bad he sucked. Couldn’t win the big one etc.
    Beat Ohio State once and he’s the greatest coach since Bear Bryant. Oh how fickle the internet is.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    It wasn’t to long ago the talk was how bad he sucked. Couldn’t win the big one etc.
    Beat Ohio State once and he’s the greatest coach since Bear Bryant. Oh how fickle the internet is.

I think for Michigan fans beating Ohio State holds more water than a National Championship.

I’m not joking

Jim Harbaugh actually told one of his recruits that he will consider offers from the NFL.

Jim Harbaugh Tells Recruit He May Consider NFL Head Coaching Jobs:

Jim Harbaugh would reportedly considering taking an NFL head coaching job.

Michigan Wolverines head coach Jim Harbaugh will "entertain" offers from NFL teams this offseason, according to 4-star wide receiver recruit Darrius Clemons's father, Larry. Larry says Harbaugh was candid with his son during the recruitment process.

"He said that he'll entertain (it)," Larry told Sports Illustrated. "He was up front with us about that. I had Coach Harbaugh speak to my pastor. They had a good conversation. Our pastor asked him about that, and that's just that's the (reply) that he gave him."

He continued: "I have no choice but to respect a coach if he's up front with us like that. So, I respect him for that. ... By him saying stuff like that I was like, ‘We can't pick a school because of a coach.’ We learned that from the Oregon (coaching change)."

Harbaugh previously served as the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers from 2011 to 2014. He led the team to three straight NFC championship games and a Super Bowl appearance.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2022 10:14AM

Harbaugh's stock is high again. He just extended at Michigan before this season but at 50% of his original contract. He did receive a 500k bonus for winning the Big Ten East, 1million for winning the Big Ten Championship Game and 500k for making it to the National Semis. He gave up his bonuses to those in the Athletic Dept that took voluntary pay cuts because of Covid.

Who knows. I think it's a possibility

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

I wouldn't mind seeing Harbaugh in the NFL again, I enjoy his personality. He wears 8$ Wal-Mart khakis and his wife gets sick of it and throws them away. More recently though, he has started wearing different pants, personally, I would rather see him in the khakis and I think his wife should leave his khakis alone. Here is a story from 2014 when he was coaching the 49ers about his wife calling into a radio station and admitting that she throws his 8$ Wal-Mart khakis away!

Jim Harbaugh's wife spills secret: He wears $8 khaki pants from Walmart

It won't cost you much if you decide you want to dress like Jim Harbaugh.

If you've ever watched a 49ers game and wondered where Jim Harbaugh buys his khaki pants, Harbaugh's wife Sarah has the answer for you: Walmart.

Jim's pant selection was being ridiculed on a radio show in California on Tuesday and Mrs. Harbaugh decided to call in so she could make one thing clear: she's not OK with his pleated Walmart pants.

"Not very many things make me want to call into a radio station... but I will not take the blame for his outfits," Sarah said, via KMVQ-FM. "I've thrown them away many of times. I've asked him 'Please, pleats are gone. Wear the flat-front.'"

When Jim didn't listen to her, Sarah did what any fashion-conscious wife would do and threw his pleated-khakis out. "I've thrown them away many times," Mrs. Harbaugh said. "I've told him so many times, 'that outfit reflects on me.'"

The problem for Sarah seems to be that as soon as she throws them out, Jim goes out and buys more and apparently, he'll only buy them at one place, "It's not just any store, you have to find them at a Walmart," Sarah Harbaugh said. "I threw them out and when he went to the combine, he found a Walmart. [The Pants] were $8. Eight dollars!"

The fact that Harbaugh wears $8 pants raises a lot of questions, with the one below probably being the most important.

Did it occur to anyone that when Pete Carroll asked Jim Harbaugh what his deal was, maybe he just wanted the details on his bargain khakis?

Mrs. Harbaugh's not kidding about the $8 pants either. Jim was spotted at an Indianapolis-area Walmart during the combine last February.

Jim Harbaugh seems to have learned his lesson though. On Wednesday, he was wearing flat-front khakis instead of pleated khakis, "Problem solved there," Harbaugh said when asked about his wife's comments. "Levi, Nike and Dickie make a flat khaki. Happy wife, happy life."

Harbaugh, who's in the middle of a five-year, $25-million deal with the 49ers, also upgraded his pants, "These Dickies cost $23," he said. "But they were on sale."

edited January 20, 2022 12:56PM

I have to admit, I don't like the new kind of pants that Jim Harbaugh is wearing, I think he should stick with the khakis. Just look at what happened this past season with his new pants, when they caught on fire because of a sideline space heater. You have to ask yourself, would the khakis have caught on fire, would the khakis have held up to the heater? We'll never know for sure, and it is one of the greatest sports mysteries of all time.

Is that a can of dip printing on his back pocket?

As with the $8 Walmart pants I respect that, I wear Ridell And Tek Gear sweat pants and wind pants from Kohls, not because I can’t afford better but I genuinely like how they fit.

@perkdog said:
    Is that a can of dip printing on his back pocket?

As with the $8 Walmart pants I respect that, I wear Ridell And Tek Gear sweat pants and wind pants from Kohls, not because I can’t afford better but I genuinely like how they fit.

I was wondering if that was a can of dip as well. 😂😂

@doubledragon said:
    I have to admit, I don't like the new kind of pants that Jim Harbaugh is wearing, I think he should stick with the khakis. Just look at what happened this past season with his new pants, when they caught on fire because of a sideline space heater. You have to ask yourself, would the khakis have caught on fire, would the khakis have held up to the heater? We'll never know for sure, and it is one of the greatest sports mysterirs of all time.

I think Harbaugh is absolutely insane and I love it lol. I mean really who burns their wind pants on a space heater lol.

Yes, I like Harbaugh as well, Harbaugh is nuts, and speaking of nuts, he is a huge peanut fan, and he even did a commercial for Planters Peanuts. Here is what Jim Harbaugh had to say about his love for peanuts when asked about it:

Are you a big fan of peanuts?

"Big. Absolutely. Always have been. My dad and I are the two that love them the most in our family. And peanut butter! Before they had crunchy peanut butter, I would put peanuts in the creamy peanut butter."

Here is his commercial, the machine takes his money and doesn't give him the peanut, he is yelling at the machine.

And if Jim Harbaugh does return to the NFL, there's the drama factor, if he has to play against his brother John Harbaugh again, like they did in 2013 at Super Bowl XLVII, when the 49ers met the Ravens in the Harbowl.

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't help but think this is all just noise coming from Harbaugh himself to get more money out of Michigan.