Home Sports Talk
Options

Can you guess who this is?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's play a little game, can you guess who this is? It's not anyone super famous or anything, just a little brain teaser.

Comments

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2022 12:00PM

My Uncle Ernie.. just after the dental work and before the car crash. R.IP.

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    My Uncle Ernie.. just after the dental work and before the car crash. R.IP.

No grasshopper, I'll give everyone a hint, he is a former player in the NFL. That's the only hint I can give you, good luck and best wishes.

• Options
    edited January 19, 2022 12:39PM

Uncle Ernie played football. He even beat up Tom Harmon. At a Hollywood Stars baseball game. They never did get along. It was in all the papers.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steve Deberg? Something about those teeth

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2022 1:01PM

I'm sorry gentlemen, those answers are incorrect, it is neither uncle Ernie nor Steve Deberg, but please don't give up, I'm enjoying my role as gameshow host!

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the Final Jeopardy! clue of "Archibald Leach, Bernard Schwartz and Lucille LeSueur" in the category of "Movies", Cliff responds incorrectly with "Who are 3 people who've never been in my kitchen?"

So I will guess someone who has never been in my kitchen,

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know DD, he was one of the last, if not the last straight on field goal kicker in the NFL..

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Steve Deberg? Something about those teeth

m

Yes....the teeth.....Something about the theeth......😬

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:
    I know DD, he was one of the last, if not the last straight on field goal kicker in the NFL..

I don't know if he was the last but Mark Mosley? I can't think of another straight on kicker that fits the bill

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not even coming up with a guess number one 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@LandrysFedora said:

I don't know if he was the last but Mark Mosley? I can't think of another straight on kicker that fits the bill

m

That's him.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was that found with an image search?

That was pretty fast

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2022 4:50PM

I only got it with a clue if it indeed is the right answer

m

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:

You are correct, he is Mark Moseley, the last straight field goal kicker in the NFL, and also, the only kicker in the history of the NFL to win the MVP award l, he won the NFL MVP award in 1982. I was reading something today and ran across the information and I was blown away because I never knew that a kicker had won the NFL MVP, that is insane, and he he is the only won to ever win it.

• Options
    edited January 19, 2022 7:16PM

Now that Uncle Ernie has been eliminated I know who it is but I'm not going to tell.....😏

• Options

Robert Reed. AKA.....Mike Brady......father of Greg, Peter, and Bobby......rumor has it that he is also Tom's baby daddy.......don't tell Carol.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Suck knowledge

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@Hydrant said:
    Now that Uncle Ernie has been eliminated I know who it is but I'm not going to tell.....😏

The answer has already been revealed grasshopper, you have much to learn.

• Options
    edited January 19, 2022 7:37PM

@MsMorrisine said:
    Suck knowledge

100% Agree.... Knowledge is DANGEROUS! Be like me............Ignorance is BLISS! 🙈🙉🙊