Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1952 Topps

Saw a 1952 Topps #359 Dee Fondy sold yesterday on Ebay for $400! Wow! Why? Its Topps first year of production, but all are 1952 generally in really high demand???

Always looking for 1950's Graded Banks Cards

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1952 set is ugly. Yup, I said it. So is 53, though not as bad as 52. 1954 is the first great Topps set.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    MisterTim1962MisterTim1962 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

He's in the last series, so much harder to find. The story is Topps dumped most of the last series in the ocean because no one wanted them when they were issued.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, all 1952 Topps commons from the last series are pricey. Even beaters will set you back ~$100 or more.

• Options

I've been collecting just Topps Cubs cards since I was 6...just for fun...going back to 1951, all ungraded at this point. If I were to sell those what would be the best way to do it? As one big package to say a card shop or break them up and auction off 1952's and individual Ernie Banks, etc...??? Would love everyone's thoughts?

Always looking for 1950's Graded Banks Cards

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

You will get the most selling them yourself individually. The least will come from somebody else who has to put out the money in advance, pay rent, pay utilities and probably pay taxes (ie card shop). Depends on how much effort you want to put into it

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY