Home Sports Talk
Options

J.J. Watt

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

i just love this guy. one of my fav athletes of all time. possesses an enormous heart. he did so much for H-town when he was here. whenever there was a catastrophe, there he was busting his tail to help. donating money, raising money, single-handedly spearheading efforts to get food, water and clothing to those in need..............the guy gets it on so many levels.

on the field, there's no bigger competitor. there might be someone who cares just as much about winning as he does, but i assure you no one cares more. the guy suffered a major shoulder injury in Oct and had surgery on Nov 3. at the time he was told he'd be out 4 to 6 months, yet here he is on the verge of playing 2 & a half months later. the last step is him being declared active 90 minutes prior to the game.

with the type of individual he is and as unlucky as he's been with injuries throughout his career, he's an easy dude to root for tonight

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great person, Great player, love watching him, it's really unfortunate that he's injured so much because he's a beast when he's able to play.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Clearly one of the “Good Guys” out there as far as pro athletes go.

He is an easy guy to root for, like I said in the other Watt thread he is a difference maker when healthy

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

i really like JJ. I wish he would not have been so injury prone. he was a disruptive force.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the guy too. But where can I sign up to get one sack for $11M?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.