Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need help

Twitch3518Twitch3518 Posts: 14

Ok so I just got into buying and trading cards cause my son wanted to do it. So we have a few cards that I really don’t know what they are worth or if they are worth having sent to be graded or what to do. This is just 3 of them I have a lot more.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Bonds will get a PSA 8. would not send it to be graded. Not sure about Tatis in PGI holder. Probably an 8 in PSA or 9depending on the whem of grader. Someone else on here could give you the value.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

The Tatis is from the 2018 Topps Heritage Minor League set, worth about $5 raw (the slab is worthless). Worth about $70 in PSA 10.

Don't grade the Bonds, enjoy it as-is.

Good luck with your collecting!

• Options
    GilRGilR Posts: 147 ✭✭✭

In case you didn't scroll back far enough, you might find this thread helpful:
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1066791/to-grade-or-not-to-grade
    Being in a similar situation, I started it so I could learn what to look for when deciding what to grade, but of course had in mind others who might be out there. Even though I've not sent anything out yet -- I'm waiting for a cheaper option, even if that takes another year -- I've gotten much better at knowing what to look for from the responses I received there.

• Options
    GilRGilR Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2022 2:33PM

I'll add, though no expert, that based on what I've learned I can say the Bonds won't have a chance at PSA 10 because the centering on the front and back isn't good enough, while the Tatis corner at the top-right of the back side appears to be slightly "touched" (as indicated by the tiny white dot), which could work against its being found a PSA 10. Still a very nice card, though.