Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

We've inherited a few coins... Anything interesting in this small collection?

Comments

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing jumps at me but those are not my areas per se. Mostly they are likely their value is non-monetary and a link to your family. Did they pick these up in travels?

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much there I'm afraid. It looks like coins collected on travels.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Australian "silver" coins are actually made of sterling silver (.925 fine), and the Canadian dime on the left is silver too. But that's probably where most of the monetary value in this accumulation can be found.

The object at bottom right is a "trick coin", part of a child's "teach yourself magic" kit. The rather worn brass object above it is a giveaway promotional medal issued for Pontiac cars back in the pre-WWI era. Not worth much, in this heavily worn condition.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Options
    SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

And the second link doesn't work, because it was missing the colon after "https". Just manually add it after clicking the link and you'll see the picture. Or click here instead:
    https://ibb.co/T0CTF50

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

The object at bottom right is a "trick coin", part of a child's "teach yourself magic" kit. The rather worn brass object above it is a giveaway promotional medal issued for Pontiac cars back in the pre-WWI era. Not worth much, in this heavily worn condition.

Sapyx, you never cease to surprise me! 🙄

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options

Split them up for the great-grandchildren with a tale of their travels.

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.