Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Which Auction Company to Consign 27 1948 Bowmans - Your Advice Appreciated

Once my MIL’s 26 1948 Bowmans come back graded from PSA, I’ll be looking to consign a total of 27 1948 Bowmans to an auction company. (The other is Yogi Berra PSA 1.5). Of the 26 cards, the ones that look to be most valuable are Marty Marion and George “Dave” Koslo (both Baseball), Charles (Chuck) Halbert and Carl Braun (both Basketball), and Johnny Lujack and Elbert Nickel (both Football). I’ve only consigned one card before, a 1948 Bowman George Mikan PSA 4 (MK) to PWCC. While that was a good experience, I’m not sure PWCC is the best option now for these lower value cards. My question for those who’ve BTDT, is which card auction company would you send these 27 1948 Bowman to, and why? I’ve been looking at Probstein, Greg Morris and a couple of others. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is your estimated value of each card?

• Options

The estimated value of the Yogi Berra, recently graded at a PSA 1.5, is about $300. The other 26 haven't come back from grading at PSA, but I assume the grading is going to be all over the place from 1 to a few 7s and 8s (hopefully). The lowest value will be at about $15 or $20, and the highest at about $1K. The max value of any of the cards would be about $6K should the Carl Braun grade a 9 or 10. For the cards in the $15 or $20 range, I likely won't bother trying to sell them through an auction house at all. Those I might keep, or I might sell on eBay through my own account. I'm just trying to get a sense for what the best option is - Probstein, Greg Morris, PWCC, another company I'm not familiar with, etc. - so I can get the proceeds into the hands of my MIL and AIL, who are the original buyers of the chewing gum packs in 1949 and who never liked to throw anything away.